cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QM - partial quantity inspection for 04 inspection type

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have one requirement regarding 04 inspection type.

suppose my user puts an entry of GRN for 10000 Qty of goods.Then from that 10000 qty, only some percentage of qty should fall in quality.say 10 % I.E. 1000.

Is this possible? - like in material master is there some settings in quality management view ?

Please help me out.

Regards,

Sunny

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunny,

The only thing you can do is, you can set the option "For each material, batch and storage location", for field "Control Inspection lot", in detailed view for inspection type 04 in Inspection set up for QM view, material master.

By doing what system will do is, it will generate only one inspection lot for all the quantity confirmation GRs you perform for an order/batch. And for all rest confirmations it will post the quantity to Unrestricted use only.

E.g.

Order Quantity 10000

- Confirmation 1:- 5000, Inspection lot XXXXXX01 will be created, lot quantity will be 5000

- Confirmation 2:- 3000, No Inspection lot will be created, and the quantity will be posted to the lot XXXXXX01

Regards,

Shyamal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Shyamal,

Thanks for ur reply.

But my requirement is that what ever Qty I enter in GRN each time, only some % of qty should fall in quality, rest should fall in unrestricted everytime.

Ur scenario is a bit tricky.it requires first grn to be made for sample qty and then for regular.

Please provide some other settings if there are any.

Thanks again for ur reply.

Regards,

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi sunny

i think u need to use the rest of material in unr before clearing the inspection lot.

then u will not get control of the quality.

in ur scenario if that lot got rejected what u will do with the qty in UNR

so make change in QM view of material master

remove the post to insp stock in material master QM view ,for 04 insp type.

all the qty cnf will be in UNR , but lot will generate , clear the lot.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Generally scenario will be 1000 out of 10000 will be taken for sampling, But once sample istested and quality is qualified then entire lot of 10000 is passed from Quality stock to Unrestricted.

If it is to be mapped, then by taking 10% sampling, we can map in SAP.

Kiran.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunny,

As per STD SAP how much qty your doing GRN that much Qty inspection lot will be created.

So for your case you can use as it is.

But you can release the qty 0% that is possible.

Revert for further clarification.

Regards,

S.Babusingh