cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change the owner for Scheduled jobs

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

There were a lot of jobs scheduled in our production server with username 'admin'.

Now due to some licensing issue this user has to be deleted.

I want to change the owner of all the scheduled jobs from 'admin' to new user id.

Please explain how to do this.

Thanks and regards

Tushar Pathak

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have copied the Job and assigned to the new user.

Now there are a lot of old canceled jobs with the previous userid(admin).

Should i delete all the jobs?

How should i confirm that the Jobs scheduled earlier have been deleted and are not assigned to the user admin

Thanks and regards

Tushar Pathak

Former Member
0 Kudos

Search for all jobs scheduled under user ADMIN.

Any jobs with status 'Sched', 'Released' and 'Ready' for this user can be deleted.

If you are still getting lots of cancelled jobs for this user then there ARE still jobs running under that ID.

Former Member
0 Kudos

If possible try to run the changed jobs (with new user id) once and see if they are successful. Then you can delete old jobs created with "admin" id.

Also remember searching jobs with old user id may not give you all the jobs scheduled by that user if in your system there are jobs which are created by 'that user' but for 'step' execution different user id is menationed.

So if it's prod system better you wait and watch how the chnaged jobs finishes with new user id and then you can decide for deletion of old jobs.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Tushar

How should i confirm that the Jobs scheduled earlier have been deleted and are not assigned to the user admin

Go to SM37 and give "*" at the job name and ADMIN at the user, Check only RELEASED. ( or even check SCHED it should be fine)

Make sure you have from date today and TO date as 2011( any future date).

when you execute this you should not see any jobs selected.

Hope this helps........

Regards

Basis Dude

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need to do that for each job individually,

Select the released Job which is scheduled with the user admin, then in the Menu

Job>Change> then Click on the Tab Steps.

then click on Chage button, in place of User, mention the name of the user with which you want to schedule the job.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Vijay.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Delete this jobs and schedule from required user.

Also try to copy this job first, but i do not know that will be with the old job...

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Tushar

Please try this.......

So go SM37 and edit the scheduled job you want to change user.

Go to steps and when you edit steps, you will find the field user there u specify the new user you wanna use.

Alternatively you can login with new user and copy the old job ( and then delete the old job ) you should be good.

Hope this helps..

Reards

Basis Dude