Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

DIALOG INSTANCE

HI,

What is the use of dialog instance? But there is already central instance (operates sap system) where the user login and access the sap system.

Please let me know in simpler definition

Former Member
Former Member replied

Hi Kelvin,

If you have two instances on one host, lets say 00 is the CI, 01 is the Dialog instance.

- You've the option of configuring logon load balancing, i.e. you create one logon group in SMLG tcode and assign the instaces (CI & DI) to the group. then if user login from the GUI through the logon group connection, then SAP's message server will take care of the logon load balancing i.e it will have the user logged on to the instance with less load. For more help on logon group,

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_03/helpdata/EN/c4/3a64b4505211d189550000e829fbbd/content.htm

- But if you want the user to login to the DI in specific, then they just need to give the same IP of CI and instance no. of the DI to login to the dialog instance. in this case if they give 01 as system no# that will distinguish from CI and they will connect to directly 3201 port i.e. dispatcher of the dialog instance.

Hope this clarifies your question.

Regards,

Debasis.

0 View this answer in context

Helpful Answer

by
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question