Which is a better option - Transports or System Copy
We are using a shared XI dev server, recently we have decided to move for a dedicated XI dev server.
Now the question is to move the objects from Shared XI Dev to Dedicated XI Dev server.
What is the method by which we can do this.
It should cosurme less effort and there should no data(XI objects) loss.There should be no change in IR, ID and SLD objects.
After transferring the objects, the dedicated XI server should look like the replica of the shared XI server.
Kindly suggest some ways/strategy to go ahead with this.
Dharamveer Gaur replied
Hi use Transport method
You have to use Transpoprt method
1) Call Integration Builder screen on DEV Server with http://hostname:J2ee Port/rep
2) Call SLD (System Landscape Directory) Component from the Integration builder
Save all the Following .zip files on the Local Desktop
3) Select the Software Component & say Export that you want to Export from DEV
Server to Production server and which is going to use in the IR of XI
4) Also Select the Product of the above SWC and say Export
5) Select the Technical Systems (TS of XI & TS of the SAP R/3) and say Export
6) Select the Business System(s) & say Export; those are associated with above Exported
In Production Server
1) Logon to the SLD of the Production Server.
2) Create a Technical System and Business system which points to the Production SAP R/3
3) Go to Administration TAB in the main page of SLD
4) Select the Import option to Import the SWC , PRD, TS,& BS which we Exported Earlier in DEV Server
5) Click on Browse and select the .zip files that is to Import into Production Server,
Which were stored on the local desktop at the time of DEV Server Export
And say Import Selected File Option
By this we exported and imported the SLD Objects
Now we have to create transport groups and transport targets in the Production server of SLD
Creation of? Transport Groups
Edit Groups?Group?1) Select the Business systems
2) Click on New Group and give the name of the group as DEV_group & select the
Corresponding Development serveru2019s integration Server
3) Similar way create another group for Production serveru2019s business system as
PRD_group and select the Production serveru2019s integration Server
Creation of? transport targets
This is to Define which business systems in two different groups correspond to each other
1) Select each Business system in the SLD and select transport TAB---click on
Add/Change Target and select its corresponding target business system.
If you select the business system of Production XI server means
In the target you have to select group as DEVGROUP and the business system of Development XI server.
Like this do the same for other business systems also
How to create Transport Groups & transport Targets