cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Movement type configuration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

What is the configuration setting required for the activation of Transaction action keys WRX and BSX .We want to know how the system automatically updtaes the WRX account and Bsx account while doing 101 mov.type.

In OBYC settings we are assigning the g/l accounts to these Transaction key alone.how it is reflecting WRX and bsx.

Kindly guide me.

Regards,

velu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member

HI,

Here the movement types are attached to the valuation string which has the consumption values. The valuation strings have the transaction event keys in them. The kinkage can be seen in

OMWN. The value yupdate and Qty update ticks are checked.

Also in OBYC you assign the G/L accounts to the transaction event keys i.r BSX or WRX. So the G/L account is determined from this.

The material type determines the material and the transaction event key deternmines to which G/L accounts the postings shall be done.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Prasanna

Award pls if helpful

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi prasanna,

thanks alot for your reply.in omwn different valuation string like we01,we06,wf01.

what are these valuation strings ,how it is linked .

suppose if i make a goods receipt for a po which valuation string get triggered.

Regards,

velu

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanx all for your reply

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

what i understood from your question is you would like to know as to how G/L accounts are triggered when you carry out the movement type.

G/L accounts are triggered based on the movement type control data(OMWN),Grouping together of valuation areas i.e, valuation grouping code (OMWD) and Predefined posting rules (OBYC).

whenever you carryout a movement type systems first looks at the movement type control data

i.e., whether the movement type involves any special stock, the material is valuated on quantity / value basis,whether the movement involves a purchase order (Movement indicator)...............finally pulls up the transaction event key.further it looks under OMWD that the valuation area falls under which valuation grouping code...eventually under OBYC, based on the t.event key that has been picked up from the OMWN the G/L account will get determined(Look for the posting rules).

Hope i answered your question.

Regards,

Fayazuddin Syed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Velu,

Goto T code OMJJ,

Select option u2013 Movement Type then

Enter movement type

From as u2018101u2019

To as u2018101u2019

In that Under Folder Movement type, you will get a folder u2018Account Groupingu2019 in this you will get how account is grouped for that movement type.

Hope this will help you.

Rewards are helpful.