Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

abstract asynchronous message interface for fault (exception) messages

stephen_omond2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

Has anyone yet discovered how to create an abstract asynchronous message interface for a fault message so that said message can be referenced in an Integration Process? I am currently at a loss as to how to reference the exception message returned by a synchronous RFC call, and how to return the fault message of a synchronous MI from a BPM.

Thanks for any help you can provide on this issue - please do not refer me to existing blogs or forum messages if they do not specifically answer this question in a positive manner. I have just been through the SAP Notes and the SDN forum and Google and while I have seen many questions about this topic I have not seen any answers.

Stephen

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey,

Once you create a abstract sync message and use it in send step, you can see a field application error in the send step.

you can raise an exception that will be triggered once the BPM receives the fault message.

Based on this exception, message can be sent say in form of a file or may be a database update.

this message has to be hard coded.

I dont think yet there is a way to map the fault message back.

regards,

Milan

stephen_omond2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Milan,

Thanks for your input, I do need to get at the exception content. SAP Note 832258 describes a fix so that a BPE can get at the content of a fault message returned by a synchronous RFC call - thus implying that it IS possible. Unfortunately the fix is described for XI3.0 SP 11 patch 2 - (I am running PI7.0 SP15) - so you would think that it should work but it doesn't - even though the returned message is exactly as it is supposed to be according to the note.

Stephen

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi stephen,

never worked on this but out ofcuriosity after seeing ur question i tried to create one:

but i found these:

fault message types will only be used in case of synchronous messages.....if it is asynchronous the fault message type radio button it self will not seen while creating message interface..just check.

you need to create a Fault message type to use it in an interface...u can add your own fields also if u want.

in your present case you mentioned you are using synchronous RFC...try creating a synchronous abstract interface there you can give fault message type also...just check by creating one...

correct me if i am wrong...

regards.

stephen_omond2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Chaitanya

What you have said is not wrong - it is just not relevant - unfortunately SAP does not allow us to create container variables in a BPM from a synchronous message - we need to have asynchronous messages

Stephen