cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BODI-1180103 : Filename may contain single-byte letters

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

This is my first time posting, hope someone can provide help on this.

I tried to define flat file of chinese filename (for example 图表.txt) using File Format Editor of DI Designer. Currently all the source files given by our client in China is in chinese filename type.

However, after I selected the file from inside File name(s) property,

Designer popped out the error BODI-118013, and couldn't open open the file.

It complained it can't read file of chinese filename because the chinese filename contain mult-byte characters. I know this is product feature, but is there a way to solve this, so that it can recognize chinese filename? Currently the work around is to rename all the chinese filenames to english, with that I could open the file and read in the content even with chinese text data inside.

Thanks for the help.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

werner_daehn
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Are you sing DI 11.7 or higher?

Does putting double quotes around the filename help?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm using DI 11.5 version.

Adding quotes does not help.

Anyway, had upgraded to Data Services XI 3.1 v12.1 now. Problem solved. The version support with the features.

Thanks for the helps!

werner_daehn
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, 11.7 was the first version supporting Multi-Byte MetaData like filename, column names, etc

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you tell me about your 11.5 to 12.1 upgrade? I am trying (unsuccessfully) to find some guidance on how to do this right.

Thanks!

werner_daehn
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You do a database backup of your repo. Then another one. Then you export the database to have a backup. Just to be sure.

And you export the repository into an ATL file via Designer.

No you install the new version of DI over the old, when asked you upgrade the repo - that's the point of no return and hence the backup - and you're done. Lot's of testing will follow and possibly read the release notes to take advantage of new features.

Answers (0)