Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BADI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all ,

How do I transfer the contents of an internal table to a badi ?

Thanks and Regards,

Swetha

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

martin_voros
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This question does not make any sense. Which BADI are you talking about? You can easily check BADI interface in the transaction SE18.

7 REPLIES 7

martin_voros
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This question does not make any sense. Which BADI are you talking about? You can easily check BADI interface in the transaction SE18.

0 Kudos

there is an internal table outside . How do i define a badi so that i can transfer the contents of the internal table to the badi ? i hope thw question is clear .

0 Kudos

Hi,

The BADI's have methods.. and the methods have export import parameters.... similar to function module.... check the BADI you require... This similar to your coding in user exits....

What you mean by 'define a BADI' .. are you creating a BADI? There are standard BADI's where you can add your code...

Regards,

Madan...

Edited by: Madan Kochana on Oct 13, 2008 9:22 AM

0 Kudos

I assume that you want to define your own BADI. The BADIs are implemented by classes. Hence you need to follow same approach as in developing classes. You can define your own table type in SE11 and then add changing variable of this type to a method of your BADI. For example go to the transaction SE18 and enter BADI BADI_SD_SALES. Just double click on the method SAVE_DOCUMENT_PREPARE and you will see the import parameter FYVBEP with type VA_VBEPVB_T. Just double click on the this type and you will see that it is table type.

Cheers

0 Kudos

Hi swetha,

Can u pls help me with the BADI name? A BADI has various methods and interfaces, according to which method u choose to use u can check its import, changing & export parameters and code accordingly.

Pls note that in BADI all coding wud be using OOPS.

Regards,

Amit

0 Kudos

Hi Sweta,

If you really want to access the internal table in your BAdI then what you need to do is first check the Stack in the debugging mode whether you program exist or not while BAdI is being executed.

What u need to do is first put a break point in BAdI. and once the break point stops then Check

(<XXXX>)<Itab>.

Wherer <XXXXX> is the Program name where the Internal table is defined.

<Itab> is the Internal table name. if the scope is there then you can use otherwise you cannot.

Thanks,

Chidanand

0 Kudos

Hi,

just quick note. This trick does not work in ABAP objects. hence it is not possible to use it in BADI.