cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copy and concatinate value from Characteristic1 to Characteristic 2 - BI IP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

My Requirement is to to copy Company code value into Profitcenter when data is modified or new record is created manually in Input ready query.

Example.

0Comp_Code -- 0002

0Material --- --- 1111

0Quantity --- --- 50

when the record is storing in Infocube the value of 0comp_code 0002 should be copied to 0profit_center with '000000'+'0002'

so Profit center should have the value of 0000000002.

So in Infocube the record should be like this.

0Comp_Code -- 0002

0Profit_center --- 0000000002

0Material --- --- 1111

0Quantity --- --- 50

How do i do this using planning Function.

Please Suggest.

Thanks,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you want this functionality to be applicable for all queries which are using company code, this can be done using characteristic relationships, derivation of type exit. Inside the exit function module, code the logic as required.

If you need this by using planning function, then you have to create a function type exit and write code.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bindu,

That is a very good suggestion, but i wonder how to capture the value of comp_code in Exit Class under Characteristic Relationship.

Please suggest me.

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

i Implemented the below code in " IF_RSPLS_CR_METHODS~DERIVE " Methode

FIELD-SYMBOLS: <l_chavl_comp_code> TYPE ANY.

ASSIGN COMPONENT 'COMP_CODE' OF STRUCTURE c_s_chas TO

<l_chavl_comp_code>.

ASSIGN COMPONENT 'PROFIT_CTR' OF STRUCTURE c_s_chas TO <l_chavl>.

<l_chavl> = <l_chavl_comp_code>. }

Also under Characteristic Relationship i choose comp_code as Source and profit center as target (Controlling area is selected automatically when i chose profit center as target).

When i execute this in Planning Sequence i am getting below error Field symbol has not yet been assigned., error key: RFC_ERROR_SYSTEM_FAILURE

Please tell me where i am doing wrong.

• By the way i also have code to capture date time and user under IF_RSPLS_CR_METHODS~DERIVE*

Thanks,

Edited by: Kumar on Oct 13, 2008 5:22 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please Help me on this. if any thing is not clear please ask me i will try to give me more details.

Edited by: Kumar on Oct 13, 2008 7:14 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Maybe the component name is wrong in statements like "ASSIGN COMPONENT 'COMP_CODE' OF STRUCTURE c_s_chas TO <l_chavl_comp_code>."

Try debugging and double click on c_s_chas to find the correct component name.

If you need help with debugging, search this forum.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mayank,

Problem solved.

Also thanks to you. I did debugging and found that

Profit center should have 10 character length but i am passing only 4 characters, so i concatenated 0 zeros with company code and made 10 digit characteristics value. this solved my problem.

Assigned full points to u.

Thanks,

Answers (0)