cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing SAP Enterprise 4.71 on Windows 64-bit with Oracle

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I think I already know the answer to this, but I'm seeking confirmation.....

I'm trying to do a 47X110 install on 64-bit Windows 2003 Server with Oracle10g.

I've found some OSS notes to get me around the Oracle10 part, but it looks like the 47X110/Windows 64-bit combination is not supported. On the install disk I am using (51019679) there is no Windows_X86_64 directory - only the ..NT\I386 directory, so I think I'm screwed.

I've looked at the PAM, but it is of no use whatsoever, so I'm thinking if the combination doesn't appear there, then it is not possible.

Can someone please confirm this.....thanks.

Cheers....John.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Follow Note 899111 - Installing R3 4.7SR1 (47X110) on x64 Windows Platform

regards,

kaushal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kaushal,

many thanks for this reply - it has helped me to successfully install the CI for my system.

However, I now have a problem installing the DB instance.

I have followed note 896475 and made changes to the packages.xml file in my installation directory. I have changed 'LINUX_32' to 'WINDOWS_X86_64', but when I provide SAPINST with the location of my installation master DVD, I am getting an error with the label.

I am wondering, though, whether 896475 is relevant at all for Windows because all of the commands there are UNIX commands and all of the examples given are for UNIX Operating Systems.

Do you have any experience/ideas about this?

Regards...John.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need to change 'LINUX_32' to 'AMD64'.

regards,

kaushal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot. That has solved the issue with the label and the DB install is now running.

regards....John.

Answers (0)