Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Installing Crystal Server XI on a SBS2003 machine with SQL2005 64bit

Hi

I have a network configuration where SQL 2005 (64 bit) has been installed on Windows Server 2008 (64bit).

I want to install Crystal Reports Server on my application/file server - a Small Business Server 2003 machine but use SQL for my CMS.

I have a ODBC connection setup, logged in as admin and I can query tables in SQL2005 from my app server using NT authentication, I can even run the Surface Area Config tools from this machine so I know I can connect through as sysadmin

I am installing a new instance, but I dont want to use an existing local SQL Server. I get to the point where I can select a SQL Server ODBC connection. I am using NT authentication, and using Trusted Connection for my datasource on my sql server. Iget the following error message

"You are using a trusted connection. Make sure the system account has access to the database."

I have made sure that my user has sysadmin rights.

I have also tried to not use the Trusted Connection and connecting using the sa role account - I enter the password and nothing happens, I am just back at the screen to pick my DSN.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question