cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP GUI family customization

Former Member
0 Kudos

All,

My question is, using different SAP GUI like for java or windows,web browser to access the sap system will bring the common developed screen which are developed by the developer or if the development made using sap gui for windows will differ if it is accessed through sap gui for java or web browser? Please help me in understanding this concept

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

debasissahoo
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kelvin,

I believe, both GUI for windows and GUI for java has the same functionality,

but on the other hand GUI for html will have some limitations, (note already mentioned by Sergo)

Regard,

Debasis.

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK.But is it must to follow the sap gui throughout the GOLIVE? If DEV is accesed by sap gui windows then QA,PRD should be the same family type??Becuase already the customization is done through sap gui window.. pls correct me if I am worng.

Former Member
0 Kudos

These are preferences of the administrator and users whom GUI to use. But in general it must be the same for all users in enterprise(It is easier to administer, update, upgrade). Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

SAP GUI for JAVA can be used to access ABAP engine ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

>SAP GUI for JAVA can be used to access ABAP engine ?

Yes. SAPGui for JAVA refers to the fact that the GUI runs in JAVA, not the system it runs against.

Best Regards,

Matt

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes , all GUIs has restrictions in comparison with Wingui.

For example read Note 314568 - SAP GUI for HTML functionality / Limitations / Sp. Behaviour

Try to find notes for other releases of SAPGUI. Regadrs.