Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

modeling

How can I recognize that my BPS infocube (plan data) is modeling though "account model" or "key figure model" ? is there a rule?

Regards

Joseph

replied

<Font Face="Tahoma" Color="Blue">

Hi,

There is no flag or checkbox on BW Cube Structure to confirm if you are using Key Figure Model or Account Model on BW.

The rule of thumb is as below:

Account Model: You would definitely have a characteristic like "Account" in your cube and you would have very less number of key figures in your Cube.

Key Figure Model:You would not have a characteristic like "Account" in your cube and you would have many key figures in your Cube.

Simple example: If I want my cube to store Gross Profit, Net Profit, Cost of Goods Sold, Overheads, Taxes etc in my cube. Then I can model it in 2 ways:

Using Account Model:

I will have a characteristic of Account in my cube. Account characteristic will have master data values like Gross Profit Account, Net Profit Account, Cost of Goods Sold Account, Overheads Account, Taxes Account etc. I will have just one key figure Amount. Now I can use different Account Values and still store the whole P&L of company using minimal key figures. If some new account has to be added to cube, I don't need to change cube struture. I can just update master data of account with new account value.

Using Key Figure Model:

I will not have a characteristic of Account in my cube.

I will have different key figures like Gross Profit, Net Profit, Cost of Goods Sold, Overheads, Taxes etc in my cube. To store the whole P&L of company, I have to use many key figures. If some new item has to be added in Company P&L, then I have to change cube struture.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Abhijit

*PS: Please reciprocate by assigning points if above response was useful

</Font>

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question