cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access ES Workplace outside SAP network !!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

can anyone help me.

I need access to the ES Workplace!!!

I am writing my thesis about SOA. Therefore a made an Composite Application with the Visual Composer.

Now I am working from home and I have to finish the CA.

I have installed the CE on my notebook.

My user is not blocked.

If I try to search for an Enterprise Service in the VC then I get no results and if I deploy my CA and try to execute the service I got an error message:

Error occurred while executing the service: Error in Connection : Could not retrieve metadata

Error occured while executing the service: Error occurred while executing the service: Error in Connection : Could not retrieve metadata

My question: is it possible to access the es workplace outside the SAP network ? If yes, what do I have to mind?

is there any configuration guide ?

regards

Giuliano

Edited by: Giuliano Barbarito on Oct 12, 2008 11:30 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Do you use a proxy from home?

If not, maybe it was set and you need to unset it?

I suggest to perform ping requests from command line to the systems and SR URLs you defined in NWA, from your machine ate home to verify that the DNS resolving from your home is resolved correctly.

Maybe you will need to replace certain URLs with IPs or fully qualified deomain names?

Hope it helps,

Best regards,

Ran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ran

thank you for your advise,

it was the proxy

It works now !

regards

Giuliano

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hy Giuliano.

If you want navigate ES Workplace you should, in ES workplace, doing a registration . After this operation, you will receive a user ID.

Then, you can see this tutorial:https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/7587. [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken]

Andrea