cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web Application Designer questions

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

1. I want to write a Java script function to display system date in WAD. I don't know the exact format for writing Javascript code in WAD. I tried with some code. It did not work. Could someone point me to any links for writing the code in WAD (in Script web item)?

2. I inserted company logo in a report web item (In report designer, I inserted the logo in page header section. There is only header in the report). in the web template, apart from the report item, there are some ext and analysis web items. When i execute the web template, only the logo comes on first page and the text and analysis web items come on the next page. How to fix it? How to see that the text and analysis web items continue below logo.

3. Also, one of the query title (text element) comes at the end of 2nd page and the data comes in next page. Is there a way of binding the title and data to come in one page?

Please suggest.

Regards.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes you could use Java Script to display the system Date, and also you could use a text web item to display the system date. There is a variable (0DAT) which will bring current date and you can display this in the Report.

You need to use a container if you are in 7.0 to display all one page or one after the other, remember it is a good practice to use a table in the container and it help you to organize all.

thanks.

Wond

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

Thanks for your responses.

1. How to use Text web item to display System Date? I thought of using variable 0DAT to display the system date. Where can I see the variable and how to use the variable?

2. Even if I use the table in the container, when I export the items, I still have to give the sequence of text and analysis items. Then how can I make sure that the query title is bound to the corresponding query results.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Hope this helps. You are using WAD 7.0 or WAD 3.5 ?

WAD 3.5

1. Use of Text Item: In the Standard Tab, select the TEXT Web Item and drop it in the template. Bind the Query or Analysis item or Data Provider.

Then do not tick any of the options under Specific. Instead, go to List of Text Elements. In the first column, select General Text Symbol. In the next column type SYUZEIT.

This will give the technical name of the query in the output.

Common text elements:

u2212 technical name of the query (REPTNAME)

u2212 description of the query (REPTXTLG)

u2212 InfoProvider (INFOCUBE)

u2212 key date for the query (SRDATE)

u2212 accuracy of the data (date and time) (ROLLUPTIME)

u2212 the person who wrote the query (AUTHOR)

u2212 the last time the query was changed (date and time)

(MODTIME)

u2212 the last person to make changes to the query (MODUSER)

u2212 current user (SYUSER)

u2212 the last time the query was refreshed (date and time)

(SYUZEIT)

WAD 7.0

Go to Misc Tab on the left hand pane and select the Text item. Drag n drop. Bind the Query or Analysis Item. Then select General Characteristics and select "Last Refreshed".

2.Bind the corresponding Text Element to the Query for the name . Or you can use the option of "Display with Tray".

Can you give some clarifications here,

What format do u want to export them to ? Depending on that make the settings.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vishal,

We are using WAD 7. I am already using Last Refreshed. But that doesn't give the system date. That gives the last time, the data was loaded into that Infoprovider. I already have the binding established for the query title and the data provider. But, that didn't help. I am exporting to PDF format. In the PDF document, I have title in one of the pages (the last element to be displayed at the bottom of the page). But, the data of the report starts in the next page.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Last Refreshed would give the latest time and date when you are accessing the Query and not the last time when it was updated. At least thats what i get when i have used it in my templates.

Coming to the Export to PDF issue. I was not facing that issue until there were some settings changed by the Basis Team. Check your ADS Configuration. This is the configuration of Adobe with BI server. Search for ADS Settings document and do the tests as asked. It uses T.Code SA38.

This issue is due to a resolution problem. Also, check the patch levels where BI and Portal servers are. Include your Basis n Portal guys in this.

Hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vishal,

Did you export company logo to PDF? If so, how did you do it. I am using report web item. In both web report and also the exported PDF document, I have the logo appearing on one page and the remaining items start from the next page issue.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Please help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I too am facing the same issue, heading of the query on one page and the content in the next. As i said before, its a resolution issue, but we have not been able to solve it. Just check the ADS Settings.

I have not used any logos. But i had used icons like Printer icon and variable acreen icon. When my document was converted to PDF, these icons also got converted. I am sure you have included the logo in the MIME repository.

That time i had not done any Data binding, so i got the icons in the PDF too..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vishal,

Where and how did you include the icons in your web template. Were they part of a web item or how did you incorporate the logos and export them to PDF. In the EXPORT option, you cannot export images right.

Please advise.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

These icons are there in the MIME Repository of the SAP BI system. MIME Rep can be found in SE80.

In your web temaplate, right click --> insert --> image. This will take you to a central repository where all MIME Objects are stored and you can select the corresponding icon and paste on your template.

You can add any image to your MIME Repository. go to SE80. On the top you will find many buttons. Click on MIME Rep. (By default Repository Browser will be selected.) Then you will see folders like SAP/bw or SAP/bc.

Right click on BW folder. You will get options like Create, Import image, Delete, Properties etc.. Click on create --> MIME Object. Now link the logo that you want and give the Doc. Class. ive the name and the Description and the MIME Type.

Include your image and then try using it in the Template.

While converting it to PDF, do not give any Data Binding. If you give data binding, i dont think the image will be converted. Just try.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vishal,

I know how to insert MIME images into the repository. My question is, did you directly insert the image into the web template (Insert Image option). If so, how did you export the image to PDF document?

OR

Did you insert the image into any web report item and then export the web item into your web template.

Please advise.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, just inserted the image through "Insert Image" in WAD.

I did not specify any Data Binding in the Command to convert to PDF.

I had a Link Web Item and defined what function it had to do, ie. Export Web Template. In that do not give any data binding.

Hope you are getting what im telling..

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think you are using WAD 7.0.

1. You can just Drag n drop the Text item and in its properties, Bind the query or Analysis item and select General Text Elements. And then select Last Refreshed. This would give you the current date n time.

Theres not need to use the Java Script item for this. If you want to still use it for something else, you can. You can generate commands also in here, ie. you need not write any code but the system will.

2. As the previous reply goes, use a container item. Arrange all your Web items in a Container item and then arrange them accordingly. Check the sizes and do not leave much gap btwn them while placing them in the Template.

3. Same as 2.

Try these, hope it helps.