cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

help needed in creating a batch job for delivery

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi gurus

Can somebody tell me the process of creating a batch job ..for creation of delivery.. is this the same process to create the batch jobs for invoices also?

thankyou

bj

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Execute VL10BATCH T.code will enter into overview screen click on Create variant -name it .

Asks whether Paramters are for all the Screens or allowed for only certain Screen ,first select All Selection Screens.

Enter Your reuired Parametrs in req Screen ,ensure that Parameters are filled in Screen 7 -Role Details COmpulsory Required for the Batch Job . Complete all the details and save the Variant.You can control by clicking attributes tab page here you can specify required controls. Save the Variant.Then select your Variant and Start immeadiately or Schedule it by giving time and frequency. You can monitor your job in SM37 .T.code.

Regards,

Jaya

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello jaya ,gsl

thankyou very much for ur help .. I have tried creating a variant .. in vl10batch.. and ive assigned it a scheduled time .. i craeted a open order.. and when the scheduled time has arrived and is over,i went to the order and still i dont see any delivery doc created .. and in sm37 its shows that the job is finished ..i even tried sm36 .. of creating a job for the variant.that ive craeted in vl10batch .and then assigning the job in sm37.. i can see the job that ive created in sm37 it is changing its status from released to finished .. as per the scheduled time but the delivery is not created .. i tried vf06 for a billing variant.. and went to sm36 craeted a job for the variant..using the program name.. and next to sm37 i can see the created job in the spool also..but somehow it is not creating the billing doc also..

can u help me to find where it actually went wrong with me ?

thanksalot in advance..

Former Member
0 Kudos

You will have to create the background job using VL10BATCH transaction (similar to VF06 for billing). In VF06 you feed all the information on the same screen. In VL10BATCH you will have to create a variant and click on schedule to schedule the backgrond job.

Regards,

GSL.

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks alot Mr.GSL ..if it is possible can you explain me the steps to do this i mean .. creating a new variant in Vl10batch ..and how to make it work.. i tried vf06 but somehow its not executing my selection data..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check out the OSS Note 310022 - VL10: Schedule batch job/variant creation.

Regards,

GSL.