cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crystal Reports 2008-Vista-ERROR-crw32.exe Entry Point Not Found in dll

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I just installed the Crystal Reports 2008 (with SP0) on my Vista (Home) machine. When I try to start the CR 2008, I am getting the below error message:

Error Title: crw32.exe - Entry Point Not Found

Error Message: The procedure entry point ?PrintLegend@CMapXLegend@CSLib300@@QAEXJJJJJ@Z could not be located in the dynamic link library cslibu-3-0.dll

Here are the things I tried to resolve the above problem:

1) Uninstall and Reinstall the CR 2008. - No change.

2) I configured the DEP to accept Crystal Reports (Performance - Advanced - DEP allow).

None of these seem fix the problem.

Can you please help me kick start the Crystal Reports 2008?

Thanks,

Arun

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Install SP1 and SP2 and make sure your .NET Framework patches from Microsoft have all been installed and applied first. You need 1.1 and 2.0.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Has anyone installed Crystal Reports 2008 on Vista? Is it recommended?

Any help in this regard is highly appreciated.

Thanks,

Arun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please try with this:

Run a command prompt as administrator. From the start menu, select "All Programs", then "Accessories" and right-click on the "Command Prompt" shortcut and choose "Run As Administrator". From here you can use the following command to disable Data Execution Prevention (DEP) with the following command:

bcdedit.exe /set nx AlwaysOff Keeping your command prompt open, run your setup or other process being stopped by DEP. Then, to turn it back on again, do the same and run the following: bcdedit.exe /set nx AlwaysOn

Regards,

Shweta

glen_spalding
Participant
0 Kudos

i did this via system properties, and specified crw32.exe, but it still did the same thing.

glen