cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Content conversion not working correctly

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have a scenario that retrieves a flat file from a FTP location and converts it to XML using content conversion before mapping it to an IDoc and sending it to R/3.

The problem that I have with this is that the content conversion is not splitting the message up correctly. It seems to cut off or loose some of the data. This doesn't happen with every file, neither with the same message in the file, nor at the same place in the file. I already use 1 recordset per message and filetype as binary to help save memory. But with the flat file being +/- 3Mb and the resulting XML 20-30Kb per message, I am not sure if it can be a memory issue.

The strangest of all is if I process the same file at a later stage, it processes 100% correctly.

The only point of failure I can see is the fact that we receive about 5 files at the same time. Can this cause JAVA to run out of memory doing all this conversion at the same time? And if so, what setting do I need to change to stop this error from happening?

Regards,

Johan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This weblog deals with huge file processing and splitting it after a certain number,

/people/sravya.talanki2/blog/2005/11/29/night-mare-processing-huge-files-in-sap-xi

May be this adapter settings may help you.

Also,

Are you on sp12 or routing messages through BPM, i am asking you as i once saw a blog on loss of messages on this.

If yes please refer,

/people/sravya.talanki2/blog/2005/12/29/loss-of-messages-in-ccbpm-sp12

Regards,

Anirban.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anirban,

Thanks for the reply, but it doesn't relate to my problem. I am using Fixed length fields and not delimited data.

I am using BPM for this process, but the message returned from the communication channel is already wrong even before it gets to the BMP engine.

Thanks anyway!

Johan

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Ok , but if you think it to be a memory issue then did you refer the tuning guide,

<i>Can this cause JAVA to run out of memory doing all this conversion at the same time?</i>

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sap.km.cm.docs/library/uuid/70ada5ef-0201...

OR

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sap.km.cm.docs/library/xi/3.0/sap exchange infrastructure tuning guide xi 3.0.pdf

I am not very sure, but you may have a look.

Regards,

Anirban.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Johan,

You can use the Process type as EOIO and in the Queue name give some name and process the file .. this will solve your problem.

Shree

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the responses guys, but unfortunately it didn't solve the problem. Even after setting the mode to EOIO the file still gets split up incorrectly, only now the queue stops with a error...

Johan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Johan -

I'm assuming you're using QoS EO. Have you tried using QoS EOIO. The files, if using FTP adapter, will be processed in ascending alphabetical order. Just a thought.

I was also thinking of file locking and modification check, but the FTP adapter currently doesn't support the modification check.

Regards,

Jin