Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Headermapping

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have the following scenario:

R/3 -> XI -> File

Therefor I have an R3-System(partyless) in my Xi and an Clientsystem as Party with Business-Service. No Mapping just writein gthe idoc to a file

I receive an idoc from the R/3 and have to change the values in the EDI_DC40 (SNDPRN) segment of the idoc. Therefor I have definied in the headermapping that a fix valu is use as SNDPRN. In the File that XI write the SNDPRN is exactly the same as in the orignal idoc. It looks like Headermapping is not used ? What can I do that the headermapping is used ?

Regards Bernd

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bernd,

The file adapter does not use header mapping.

Change the SNDPRN inside the mapping.

Regards

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan,

well that was me apprehension. Does the http-adapter also not use/support headermapping ? It there an alternative way to change the header than by using a mapping.

Regards Bernd

Message was edited by: jami

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bernd,

you must distinguish two things:

1. Header mapping = exchanging partner and service in XI message header

2. Modifying the payload depending on XI header fields.

You want to replace SNDPRN depending from header fields. That can do only the receiver IDOC adapter. No other adapter can do this.

Regards

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan,

thanks for the info.

Maybe you have an idee how to solve my problem. we have a classic edi scenario here where we have to send idocs(ORDERS05) to different receivers. As normal for edi the receiver expect a kind of tradigpartnernumer in the field SNDPRN. this number is different for every receiver.

the only way out I found to sovle this problem is to use a mapping with a value mapping where I replace the value for SNDPRN with something from the value table. Do you know a better way to do this ?

Regards Bernd

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bernd,

I think the best way to do this is using value mapping. You can determine the SNDPRN dependent from the receiver party/service. Of course you have to maintain the value mapping table.

Regards

Stefan