cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can maintain source list with valuation typ? for automatic sourse pick

sb_er
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Can maintain source list with valuation typ? Then how to solve follow problem?

1> I have material with different valuation type ( maintain different price)

2> I want to maintain source list for that material with valuation type

3> My purpose is to run the MRP with source ( mean generate P.R through MRP with fix of source to that I need to maintain source list)

4> Is that possible for that material with valuation type to create automatic PO (ME59N) through automatic source pick

hat I need to maintain source list)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

source list will not have any valuation type detail only Info records will have valuation type detail.

Alternatively:-

Yes you can have this with a custom transaction code.

You can take the help of ABAPers in this to develop a program copying from SAPLMEOR (ME01) and create a Y or Z t-code by adding a coloumn Valuation type. and make that field as mandatory so that user should not miss while maintaining source list for such material.

you dont change the table EORD as well it will not get stored anywhere, and when you open the source list next time the mandatory field is empty again .

And even you extend the table EORD to store this new field, you would have to change many more programms to make this field recognized.

Currently in SAP we define source list at Plant level.

Advantages of Creating custom source list at Valuation type(condition of material) level.

1) Ability to specify different supply sources based on the condition(i.e.Valuation types e.g. New, Overhaul, Repair etcu2026) of the material.

2) Automatic source determination of split valued materials not possible if different sources for new and Repair material, services exist.

3) Accurate visibility of customer orders and planned delivery dates.

4) To avoid incorrect sourcing of purchase orders related to split valued materials.

Automation of finding the correct supply source inside the SAP R/3 system. This will allow efficient process of purchase requisitions into purchase orders, which would also include enabling automatic purchase order creation. It would also significantly reduce the risk of incorrectly sourcing the material to the wrong vendor.

Thanks,

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

We do not have any direct relationship of source list with valuation type.You do not require valuation type in source list for automatic source pick.You just need to activate fixed vendor indicator in source list for automatic PO creation using ME59N.Please maintain info-record for price details & activate material with auto PO ceration.

Sanjay Karkun