Did you mean: 

Preventive points -- record keeping

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi gurus

I am SD consultant and i am new to PM.

First Thing

"Actual Mainenance"

We are using PM , we are creating Maintenance plans ( anuals, monthly), by giving maintenance task list on functional locations. it automaticly creates notification and maintenance order. we are recording every thing spares,costs and all other things on acutual basis. every things is according to the SAP best practices.

Second Thing

In addition to First thing, we have a new requirment from user side, we want to just Log the Critical preventive maintenance points. like

1) check oil level / make up ( check to be daily )

2) Abnormal sound of corbon dosing pump ( check to be weekly).

3) abnormal sound of motors ( daily)

4) filter cleaning / abnormal sound of motrs and blowers ( monthly)

Requirement is user check the monitoring points physically. and just Log in the SAP system ( this will be not concerned with actual maintenance plans, order etc). is it ok or not . if not what is the reason . and some remarks ( a text statment ).

Just we want to keep the record through system ,wheather Plant maintance peoples has completed the monitoring points . daily for daily. weekly for weekly. if he has not recorded in the system. then higher manager can purse.

User is suppose to be record monitoring acitivites on interval basis ( daily, weekly, monthly) .

• We about you think about following solution* , Expert opnion required.

1) Creating the maintenance task list for functional location . ( T. code :

IA05/IA06) by taking each critical point as operation in task list. And assign maintenance strategy ( daily, weekly, monthly).

2) Creating maintenance plan with the same package defined the in the tasks List ( IP42)

3) Creating measuring point with respective to functional location. ( Ik01)

4) Create measuring document for measuring point ( Ik11)

5) Schedule the Plan ( IP10)

6) Check the plan Schedule. ( IP24)

For operation- critical points , we will assign the packages ( according to the checking cycle like daily, weekly etc), when we do scheduling the, the order will come daily.

Whenever the concerned user physically check the critical point , found ok, user will close the order, And if he delays the checking cycle time, it can be seen in IP10 by higher authorities.

Regards\Adnan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member187991
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

whatever procedure you planned is ok, what is the problem you are facing.As you said you can create a check points and assign to the respective packages as you need.

regards

thyagarajan

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI thyagarajan

also I need urs expert opnion. when i presented this solution to PM Business Key user. he comments this solution.

"this is illogical and hypothetic ".

I belive you are PM expert. what you say about the Business Key user comments.

or is there any other way to map this requriment in SAP.

Regards\Adnan

former_member187991
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

what ever you have suggested is good ,but i don't understand what the exact user requirement because of the comments you specified

also for the first query you can follow the process you have specified.

And for the second query you can suggest by creating a separate maintenance plan category which have call object as Notification (since only activity is followed) and assign the task to the notification which will specify the task to be performed.

Unless the task is completed you cannot able to close the notification.

regards

thyagarajan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hiii

About the comment may be the user is thinking that time required to update the data in SAP will take time & for daily it will not be possible to update somuch data in the system & closers of order/notification after completion of the work in proper sequence.

As far as process is concern its a good process. No doubt about it.

Regards

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good dear. The same question i have arised. In fact i have good exposure in functionality. Exactly for each chek lists (task lists) the user should capture the physical condition of the object as per frequency with respective ISO no or Format No.

I also tried to link the preventive order task lists and measurement point, usage decision in one screen. As well as Thro IK31 we tried to get as like preventive maintenance orders. But failed.

Better we can go for ABAP Dialogue creation . It means the order no is input after that it will take all its task lists, measurement point, catalogue.

Former Member
0 Kudos

50 50

peter_atkin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Might be worthwile looking at [Measurement Lists|http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_03/helpdata/EN/a2/90465210c411d29e150000e8323350/frameset.htm] and the [Logbook|http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_03/helpdata/EN/df/2fdd3b65256a0ee10000000a114084/frameset.htm] functionality

PeteA