cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Release Strategy Error During Saving

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Release Procedure for Purchase Orders has been customized and when I check from OMGSCK there is no error sign at the steps of release strategy. Once PO is created it is released to the approvers according to PO Net Value. During testing of release strategy following error message received;

Message type E (Error)

Message class 00 (General Basis texts)

Message number 001

Message variable 1 Next document available

Message variable 2 Quantity cannot be changed

Release indicator is set to 6 which means "changeable, new rel. if new strat. or value change/outputted". Suppose a PO has with 3 release steps. After completion of all or part of steps, changes to PO quantity or net price have been made before the final step from ME22N. During saving of PO after changes above error received.

Thank you for your help

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

thank you

Former Member
0 Kudos

ok

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As system is showing next document available, it means that some GR/ IR activities should have been taken place after the release.

Release indicator determines:

- (1) Whether the document may be changed by Purchasing after the start of the release procedure

- (2) Whether a new strategy is determined and whether existing releases must be cancelled in the event of changes

For your situation, I think the second case applies. Please check and cancell the releases and now do the changes you want.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Narayana.