cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ERROR => could not send data over multicast group (rc=-5) [nixxtst.cpp 1928

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

can any one pls let me know what is this error and how to re solve this...

..................** ERROR => could not send data over multicast group (rc=-5) [nixxtst.cpp 1928...............

when i am trying to connect to SAP web Applicaion server through SAP GUI 7.1, it said " waiting for response" and nothinmg comes.

I have installed SAP web application server 6.4 + MAX DB + Netweaver 7 + SAP GUI 7.1 on windows 2000 Server SP4

i am having instance like 00 & 01 with system ID J2E.

SAP is running well as i can check it in MMS as Green light. even telnet is working well with port 3600 and 3200. i used niping -t command too to check any error in Network Interface, but this was too O.K. in the last. thn why i m not be able to connect to any database thrugh SAP GUI ? why it saying tht "WAITING FOR RESPONSE" when i tried to logon here.

i make trace too on thrugh SAP GUI, and checked TRX files, even though i didnt get any major mistake, it only said tht connection time out ?? perhaps this is the reason i m getting window saying " waiting for response" for a long time n no connection. but why ??? as every thing is running well....

Abhishek

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Melanie
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Abhishek,

actually this does not really look like a problem with a MaxDB database.

So I don't think that you will get much help in this forum.

Maybe you get further information in the dev traces of the SAP system.

However, as you have trouble with your SAP system, you should open a message for SAP support.

Best regards,

Melanie

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

i got the solution...........thanks every one