cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with WAS 6.40 ABAP + J2EE system installation (I386 on Win 2000)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I'm installing SAP WAS 6.40 ABAP + J2EE on Win32 (Windows 2000) environment on MS SQL Server DB. After installing the CI system, while installing the DB system the SAPINST generates the following error executing the RSLoad.exe routing for DB load:

*************************************************************************************************************************

TRACE [iaxxbdbld.cpp:922]

CR3ldStep::startR3ldProcesses lib=iamodload module=CR3ldStep trying to start C:\usr\sap\WA1\SYS\exe\run/R3load.exe -dbcodepage 4103 -i "C:\Program Files\sapinst_instdir\WEBAS_640_ABAP_UC\DB/SAPSDIC.cmd" -l "C:\Program Files\sapinst_instdir\WEBAS_640_ABAP_UC\DB/SAPSDIC.log" -loadprocedure fast

ERROR 2004-07-09 16:45:37 [iaxxbdbld.cpp:936]

CR3ldStep::startR3ldProcesses lib=iamodload module=CR3ldStep MSC-01015 Process finished with error(s), check log file C:\Program Files\sapinst_instdir\WEBAS_640_ABAP_UC\DB/SAPSDIC.log

*************************************************************************************************************************

The specific log file (SAPSDIC.log) reported :

C:\usr\sap\WA1\SYS\exe\run/R3load.exe: START OF LOG: 20040709155650

C:\usr\sap\WA1\SYS\exe\run/R3load.exe: sccsid @(#) $Id: //bas/640_REL/src/R3ld/R3load/R3ldmain.c#1 $ SAP

C:\usr\sap\WA1\SYS\exe\run/R3load.exe: version R6.40/V1.3 C:\usr\sap\WA1\SYS\exe\run/R3load.exe -dbcodepage 4103 -i C:\Program Files\sapinst_instdir\WEBAS_640_ABAP_UC\DB/SAPSDIC.cmd -l C:\Program Files\sapinst_instdir\WEBAS_640_ABAP_UC\DB/SAPSDIC.log -loadprocedure fast

(DB) ERROR: DbSlControl(DBSL_CMD_IMP_FUNS_SET) rc = 20

(DB) ERROR: DbSlErrorMsg rc = 20

C:\usr\sap\WA1\SYS\exe\run/R3load.exe: job finished with 1 error(s)

C:\usr\sap\WA1\SYS\exe\run/R3load.exe: END OF LOG: 20040709155650

Do you experienced similar problems? How did you solved them? Any kind of suggestion would be greatly appreciated. Best regards, Giampietro.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

I see this error when install database ABAP instance in distributed configuration. NW04 SR1 (SP9).

Problem solved when I check "Ectract oracle client software" in assistant.

Regars,

Sergey Fedyukin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi: First try installing the DB. If you have started with installing the CI, its fine too. At some point the CI will stop (error out) saying unable to connect to the DB, as you have not installed the DB.

So, install the DB., At some point during the DB load process you get the error "DBSL_CMD_IMP_FUNS_SET".

After this, STOP the DB install.

Start the CI install, which will go thru. Once this is done, re-start the DB install again. THen it will go thru fine.

I think during the DB install, its looking for some CI / Kernel files. Also, the DB is trying to update some tables.

So, I guess there might be a patch for R3load, or else you could use this work around.

Hope this helps

Regards

-Sudhakar Raju

Enetfinity Technologies

http://ww.enetfinity.com