Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pushbutton on the application bar on an abap report

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I need to have a pushbutton (labelled Download) on the application bar on the abap report screen .

This button should enable me to download the report contents in a file format (like excel).

Please can you guys help me acheive this.How should the button with this functionality be placed in application bar?

Thanks in advance for the kind help

Swati

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1) Create a GUI status copying the GUI status : STANDARD from package SALV...

2) Add the Button for download in the Application menu of the GUI status.

3) Pass the GUI status/ Set the GUI status to the ALV Function module or to PBO of output screen based on your requirement...

Regards

Shiva

0 Kudos

My report has been generated using the simple "Write" statement.

In this case how will i code the PBO and PAI stuff?

0 Kudos

Shiva,

Can you please provide me with the sample code?

Thanks.

0 Kudos

Hi Swathi,

In such case, as said above, create a new GUi status and then assign to the report using the below statement:

AT PFnn.

Effect

This obsolete statement defines an event block whose event is triggered by the ABAP runtime environment during list display - provided the screen cursor is on a list line and a function is selected using the function code PFnn. Here nn stands for a number between 01 and 24. In the standard list status, these function codes are assigned to the function keys of the input device.

Then what processing needs to be done when the user presses the button, will be written in the below control statement..

AT USER-COMMAND

Effect

This statement defines an event block whose event is triggered by the ABAP runtime environment if, during the display of a screen list, a function with a self-defined function code was chosen.

Note

Self-defined function codes are all those that include character combinations, except for the following:

The function codes "PICK" and "PFnn" ("nn"stands for 01 to 24) do not cause the event AT USER-COMMAND, but the events AT LINE-SELECTION and AT PFnn.

All function codes that start with the character "%" are interpreted as system functions and do not cause the event AT USER-COMMAND. The system functions for lists are listed in the following table 1.

The function codes in the following table 2, likewise, do not cause the event AT USER-COMMAND, but are handled by the list processor.

Table 1

Function code Function

%CTX Call a context menu

%EX Exit

%PC Save to file

%PRI Print

%SC Search for ...

%SC+ Find next

%SL Search in office

%ST Save to report tree

Table 2

Function code Function

BACK Back

P- Scroll to previous page

P-- Scroll to first page

P+ Scroll to next page

P++ Scroll to last page

PFILE name Store list lines in a text file named "abap.lst" in standard character representation in the standard directory of the application server. If a name is entered using name, this is converted to lowercase letters and used as the file name.

PL- Scroll to first line of the page

PL-n Scroll n lines back

PL+ Scroll to last line of the page

PL+n Scroll n lines up

PNOP No effect

PP- Scroll back one page

PP-n Scroll n pages back

PP+ Scroll one page forward

PP+n Scroll n pages forwad

PPn Scroll to beginning of page n

PRI, PRINT Print

PS-- Scroll to first column

PS++ Scroll to last column

PS- Scroll one column to the left

PS-n Scroll n columns to the left

PS+ Scroll one column to the right

PS+n Scroll n columns to the right

PSn Scroll to column n

PZn Scroll to line n

RW Cancel

Example

This program works with a self-defined GUI status MYLIST. The function that is linked there with the function code MY_SELECTION causes the event AT USER-COMMAND during list display and also creates details lists.

REPORT demo_at_user_command.

START-OF-SELECTION.

SET PF-STATUS 'MYLIST'.

WRITE 'List line'.

AT USER-COMMAND.

IF sy-lsind = 20.

SET PF-STATUS 'MYLIST' EXCLUDING 'MY_SELECTION'.

ENDIF.

CASE sy-ucomm.

WHEN 'MY_SELECTION'.

WRITE: / 'You worked on list', sy-listi,

/ 'You are on list', sy-lsind.

ENDCASE.

Regards

Shiva

0 Kudos

Shiva,

Thanks for the detailed answer.Thats helpful.