Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFC exception

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

I have written a function module(or inbound bapi) where i have defined a exception in the exception tab (eg. others exception).

Within this FM, i didn't add in any code to raise this exception.

Is it possible in my calling program that I call this FM, the exception able to trigger?

Another question is, let said the external system (eg. Biztalk) are called this FM, do the system need to add in any extra code to handle the exception that received from this FM?

Pls advise. Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> Within this FM, i didn't add in any code to raise this exception.

>

> Is it possible in my calling program that I call this FM, the exception able to trigger?

if you don't raise it, it won't get triggered.

>

> Another question is, let said the external system (eg. Biztalk) are called this FM, do the system need to add in any extra code to handle the exception that received from this FM?

You sure will need to program the handling of the exception.

1 REPLY 1

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> Within this FM, i didn't add in any code to raise this exception.

>

> Is it possible in my calling program that I call this FM, the exception able to trigger?

if you don't raise it, it won't get triggered.

>

> Another question is, let said the external system (eg. Biztalk) are called this FM, do the system need to add in any extra code to handle the exception that received from this FM?

You sure will need to program the handling of the exception.