cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Main Work Center Plant in PM reports

0 Kudos

We are with ECC6.0 and would like to know the PM Transactions with 'Main Work Center Plant' in selection screen. In our implementation we have Maintenance Plant and Main Workcenter Plant different for some Technical Objects. When we need to list the technical objects based on 'Main Work Center Plant' we are not able to do.

Rgds

saran

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saran,

I just came across the same problem you posted here.

The issue is that while one can assign to an Equipment a Main Work Center from a Plant that's different from the Planning Plant, there appears to be no way this scenario can be reported in the standard PM lists.  For instance, in transactions IH08 or IE05, there is no selection field for 'Plant for Main Work Center' which would allow listing all Equipment whose Main Work Centers are from a Plant other than the Planning Plant. 

Anyway, to come up with the said list of Equipment, I resorted to just extracting the data from the SAP Tables, i.e. by joining the Work Center table (CRHD) with Table V_EQUI and filtering on CRHD-WERKS (Plant for Work Center).  Not sure whether you ended up doing the same.

To me, this issue suggests that there is a SAP-standard assumption (in the way the standard PM reports are designed) that Work Centers should be created in the same Plant as the Planning Plant. Not a problem to most organisations but can be a limitation to more complex business requirements.  (In my case, the different values for Plant for Main Work Center were due to data entry errors and required correction, hence the need for the report.)

Regards,

Ron

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hiii

You can use Two transactions here IH08 is used to display the equipment list & IE05 is used to change the Equipment using list. Here no specific field like "plant for Work center" is not given on selection screen.

We need to see what is your configuration. If the case is like Your workcenters are in some other plant which is different than planning plants as well as Maintenance plants.

You are saying that your Maintenance plant & plant for workcenter is different. Then check whether your workcenters are from your planning plants. if yes then you can enter that plant in planning plant with work centers & fetch data. other wise you need to modify the report fro that selection.

I hope this will answer your queries.

Regards

0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks for taking time and the inputs.

I would explain the scenario in our configuration.

Equipment Number = 10055548

Planning Plant = 2400

Maintenance Plant = QP10

Main Work Center = METC (Mechanical)

Main Work Center Plant = QP20

Equipment Number 10055548 is available in Maintenance Plant QP10 for which the Planning plant is 2400. Work Center 'METC' that belongs to Maintenance Plant 'QP20' and Planning Plant '2400' is responsible for maintenance of Equipment.

There are many Equipments with this scenario and what we need is a list of 'QP10' plant equipments maintained by 'METC' workcenter of Maintenance Plant 'QP20'.

We tried with the Tcodes IH10, IH08, IE05 and output was not possible, plz suggest if any user exits availble.

Thanks

Saran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Saravanan,

Use T.code IE05 or IH10. Enter Main.Workcenter & Planning Plant as input in Maintenance data tab and execute. System will show you all the list of equipment. No need use any user exit.

Regards

Chandru.

former_member187991
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

i think your input is wrong.in IE05 itself you can see selection will be splited by General,Location,Serial no,Maintenance data

Kindly provide correct input in the selection screen

regards

thyagarajan

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

use IE05 - enter the main work centre and planning plant in Maintenance data.

-ashok

peter_atkin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

saran,

Your question is not clear...

Do you want to search for equipment/functional locations by Main Work Centre?

PeteA

0 Kudos

Hope this explains the requirement.

I am trying to list the Equipment with the selection of Main Work Center and Work Center Plant. You can find this data field, next to Main Workcntr, follow the path IE03 -

> Organisation -

>Responsibilities----> Main Workctr/Plant (Plant associated with main work center)

Field name = 'WERGW'.

peter_atkin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have you tried TCode IH08 or IE05 (equipment list-edit reports)

PeteA