cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GR Processing time

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I f i mainatin GR processing time in material amster as 2 days. Then if i receive the goods for the same material after a week. Will system post Goods Receipt??. Can any one help me??

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks

csaba & Kunal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If i receive GR on 9 th of december, even though PDT and GR processing time is 12 days.Then what is the accountablity of GR processing time??.

kunal_ingale
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

the gr processing time is approximate time require for gr

it doesnt matter what day ur doing gr ,till u restrict it by sheduling

http://www.sap-img.com/production/gr-processing-time-in-pp-and-mm.htm

regards

kunal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do you mean , after receving the goods, we have to post the Migo with in 2 days. After 2 days it doesn't accept. right.

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No, I'm just saying SAP uses the GR processing time for calculation. When you run MRP (MD01/MD02/MD03), SAP will consider the GR processing time as well.

If you need your product on 20th of December, you PDT is 10 days, your GR processing time is 2 days, SAP will calculate the lead time as 12 days. So, you should issue the PO at least on the 7th of December (20-12 ...maybe you should issue the PO one day before...).

GR processing time is just for this. You can do GR at any time, even on 8th of December, since these pieces of information (PDT, GR processing time) are just used in MRP calculation.

GR processing time HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH GR POSTING - please try it in your Sandbox system

Regards,

Csaba

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

System won't post any GR instead of WH staff / SAP users. GR processing time is just a factor in lead time calculation, nothing more.

If your GR processing time is 2 days, SAP will consider this in the leadtime because workers need this 2 days to arrange all things concerning the incoming goods (the shipment that has already arrived).

GR processing time has nothing to do with GR posting.

Regards,

Csaba

Edited by: Csaba Szommer on Oct 12, 2008 11:22 AM