Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to call different subtype screen in 9001.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hallo Expert,

I want to call different screen according to subtype like 01 and 02 in infotype 9001 by using PA30. I have created subtype 01 and 02 and it is looking fine in PA30. but i am not able to proceed on it. Could you suggest any process on it.

Thnks

Sanjay

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

To call screen use command like below

CALL SCREEN <screen_name>.

You can call any screen conditionaly.

Regards

Rajiv singh.

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

To call screen use command like below

CALL SCREEN <screen_name>.

You can call any screen conditionaly.

Regards

Rajiv singh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjay,

First of all, we need to identify the common fields for both subtypes

We have different approaches,

(1) If the number of common fields are large for the subtypes.. and the number of different fields are also huge ......it is better to put them together in a box and in the same screen define a subscreen area in the main screen and call new screen in it according to the subtype (where the called subscreen contains fields specific to that subtype)

(2) number of different fields are less for the 2 subtypes and we have common fields..group the screen fields and do a loop at screen in the PBO according to the subtype

eg: if subtype x has field ZTEST001 in the screen painter assign group1 as S1

if subtype y has field ZTEST002 in the screen painter assign group1 as S2

in pbo write as

loop at screen.

if screen-group1 = 'S1'.

screen-active = 0/1.. "according to subtype selected

modify screen.

endif.

endloop.

In the second approach we can avoid calling a new screen totally ......

Hope it helps

Regards

Byju

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Byju and all,

Thanks for ur kind reply.......But subtype field is not updating in 9001 table.

Due to which in PA30 when I select subtype field data, it get saved and able to see it in overview screen. But when i am selecting subtype to see the data in overview screen it is not coming. Means when I am not selecting the data in subtype I can see the data in overview screen. But when I am selecting the data I canu2019t see it. So could u please explain how it is? Is there any configuration change needed for it.

Regards

Sanjay

0 Kudos

Hi Sanjay,

Run transaction Pm01->enter the infotype number -> click on "Infotype characteristics" -> view the infotype used ->in the "technical data " tab towards the left bottom corner the following must be filled as per the screen numbers used in the infotype..........

Single screen 2000

List screen 3000

If it is ok check under the heading "display and selection" to see if any settings are done

Hope it helps

Pls check and revert

Regards

Byju