Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

selection screen problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi experts

i have this selection screen code:

SELECTION-SCREEN BEGIN OF BLOCK params WITH FRAME TITLE text-t01.

PARAMETERS:

p_carr LIKE zv60-carrier DEFAULT space ,

p_cd_tr LIKE zv60-cd_truck DEFAULT space .

SELECT-OPTIONS:

r_dt_tr FOR zv60-dt_tran.

SELECTION-SCREEN END OF BLOCK params.

when i am not entering values in the first two parameters it assigns 0 to them altough the default option is space. what should i do, i want that if those values are empty they will remain empty.

thanks

amit

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

check the data tpye of the selection screen fields ZV60-carrier & ZV60-cd_truck.if its integer type ,then if u don't enter any value in these parameters then by defualt it will get initialize to 0.

if u don't want 0 in these fields then change the data type of these field to character type then if u don't enter any value then by defaut it will be space.

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

hey,

check the type of zv60-carrier and zv60-cd_truck .If these are numeric or integer type this may occur.

Regards,

Midhun Abraham

former_member188685
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

what is the type of zv60-carrier , zv60-cd_truck . are they defined as type integer or numeric type..? if so you can't avoid that. if they are character variables then you can get the space.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

check the data tpye of the selection screen fields ZV60-carrier & ZV60-cd_truck.if its integer type ,then if u don't enter any value in these parameters then by defualt it will get initialize to 0.

if u don't want 0 in these fields then change the data type of these field to character type then if u don't enter any value then by defaut it will be space.