cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem in Sales Info Structure - Order Quantity is not calculated in EA.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

My info structure is taking order quantity in not taking EA (Each) unit of measure. Instead it is taking from the CAR (Cartons).

We maintained one carton is equal to 5 pieces.

I want to disply order quantity in EA in my info structure.

Your suggestions will be highly appreciated.

Best regards,

Raghu ram

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello, friend.

is CAR your base unit of measure? if yes, i believe the normal behavior of SIS is to use the BUM. i also think it's possible to modify the info source to change BUM from CAR to EA. i will check this and get back to you as soon as i can.

regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jonathan,

Thanks for your response.

our base unit of measure is EA. but we maintained conversion rate in article master as 1 CAR is equal to 5 EA.

when I execute my info structure it is taking unit of measure as per CAR. But I maintained sales unit as EA in order and Invoice.

Still it is resulting as per CAR in info structure.

Please suggest me how could we change info source form CAR to EA.

Your help will be highly rewarded.

Best wishes,

Raghu ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello, friend.

check in MC7F, select info structure S001 and see if there is an entry in the field 'Base Unit of Measure'. if the entry is 'CAR', either try changing it to 'Ea' or just leave it blank.

regards.

Edited by: jonathan yap on Oct 12, 2008 5:23 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello, friend.

check in MC7F, select info structure S001 and see if there is an entry in the field 'Base Unit of Measure'. if the entry is 'CAR', either try changing it to 'Ea' or just leave it blank.

regards.

Dear Friend,

I have checked my info structure in MC7F, the base unit of measure field is blank. I have maintained EA in that field but it is not resulting any thing.

in my info structure output just beside values system showing *** sybol instead of showing unit of measure.

should I need to do any further config for this. Please help to solve the issue. I would be grateful for your help.

Best regards,

Raghu ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello again.

trying using MC7F for info structure S004 (material) and see if there is any entry for BUM. in fact, do this for S001 to S006.

i can't say with authority how to completely solve the situation, but our experience with SIS is that if your sales docs contain different units of measure for a material, the reports will show two general summaries: one for the base unit of measure, and another for all other units of measure described as ***. if this happened in your system, it is better to leave BUM blank. but i suspect CAR must have been set as BUM elsewhere.

i can only speculate that perhaps doing SIS update (t code MCV3) might help. however, let's wait for other contributors who may know more before you do more changes in the setting.

in the meantime, i will try another approach and give you feedback as soon as i can.

regards and good luck.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Folks, the unit of measure for the info strucrtures is maintained in the update definitions - transaction MC26 to display. From what I see in our system, in S001, for example, for the field "Incoming orders qty" Source Unit = 03 (Sales Unit).

The bad news is that for the standard info structures (S001-S499) the update definitions cannot be changed, as far as I know. But if we're talking about a custom structure, the update definitions may be changed easily (in MC25) and then the structure may be deleted and re-built using the standard transactions.