cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two Detail Tables with different field in Crystal Report XI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am using Crystal Reports XI I have a requirement to display two different tables in a single report. This report uses a common grouping between two tables

Here is what I need

Group Name: Country

Table 1

State Product Sale Count

A P1 12

B P2 34

C P3 12

Table 2

Store Nm Rev %

SN1 1

SN2 2

SN3 3

In crystal we have only one detail section. If at all we create subsection that Detail A and Detail B result comes as given below. Please suggest me is there any we can display results as given above.

State

A

Store

Sn1

B

SN2

Edited by: Narayan Vaster on Oct 12, 2008 12:48 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

fritzfeltus
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

If you want to display two sets of results after each other, you could use two subreports, one for each table.

Cheers,

Fritz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fritz,

Thanks for the reply. However when we integrate the reports on enterprises portal will there be any performance issue with 2 sub reports ?

I am using 3 Stored procedures here, Table 1 comes from SP1 Table2 data comes from SP2 and In page header and grouping data comes from SP3.

These SPs are linked with common ID.

fritzfeltus
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

There will always be performance implications when using subreports, but if you need to display two sets of unrelated data in one report, I cannot think of another solution.

My advice would be to create a quick test report with subreports, publish it to Enterprise, and see if the performance is acceptable.

Cheers,

Fritz

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Answered to some extent

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try to create two cross tabs one with Table1 data and the other with Table 2 data one below the other.

Regards,

Raghavendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raghavendra

Thanks for your reply.

Yes we did used crosstabs earlier but I found following issues with crosstab.

- you can not add your own headers in crosstab.

- Can not apply "Can Grow" or Wrap Text option.

- As there are nearly 20 columns we display, with this much objects in crosstab takes lot of unwanted space.

- It is quite difficult to sync two table headers w/ crosstab.

Also I red in some of forums that when crsstab spreads across multiple pages chances of crashing reports are more.

So there lot more issues with usage of cross. Please correct me or suggest me if I am wrong anywhere.

Former Member
0 Kudos

whats the relationship between the two tables?

Dom

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dom

Thanks for the reply.

Data is coming from 3 Stored Procedures (SP). There is Common ID to link them each other.

Earlier we did used Crosstab to display 2 tables but report was showing memory error and crystal application will be closed.

But same report was running fine in Dev and Not in QA.

After research we found that out of 3 SP one of SP was not fetching any data.

Is there any chance of report crashing is linked tables or SP having null ?

We use Oracle 9i database.