Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

make to order production.

deepu_p2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

mine is a make to order production. but my clients requirememt is that when he is producing 100 ferts. he want to produce another 30 extra. so that when he gets some small order for 20. he does not need to produce anything.is it possible to keep stock in MTO.

can u please explain me the different ways of doing this.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

u told ur scenarios is MTO and u want 30% extra to be produced.

You define BOM as for 100 fert, give components for 130 fert.

While confirmation and GR do that for 130. Later u convert extra Fert into Unrestricted stock.

Kiran.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi deepu

you use the stategy of 40 which is planing with final assemby,

u cretae PIR for 130 fertin md61 then save ,and run the mrp

whnevr sales order come for 100 ,slaes order will consume 100 fert,rest of 30 will be sent to unresticted stock.

plz maintain consumption periods iin Material master also

hope it clear to u

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What you are talking about are 2 different Scenarios.

1. At present you are using Make-To-Order Scenario wherein the production is done as per the customer order. Which is a classic MTO.

2. What you want now is that you want to create an extra production qty. along with existing production order created against Customer order.

Here what you are talking is about MTO + MTS.

You need to decide whether the Production need to be specific against at Order (MTO) or whether you want to make as per the Production plan (MTS).

In such case you can go with Planning Strategy 40, where in you can produce as per your required qty. and then you can consume those qty. against the incoming Customer Order i.e. Sales Order.

That way you can route your production qty as per your requirement.

If any further info reqd. please revert back.

Regards,

Harris

former_member196398
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Deepu,

I think the simple way to do this is to maintain 30% as assembly scrap in Material master MRP1 - View and also maintain the same percentage as Over Deliver Tolerance in Work Scheduling View.

With this if the requirement was 100, the planned order quantity would be 100 + 30(Scrap), when the planned order is converted to Production order you would get an order quantity 130. The GR can be made upto 130 as we have maintained 30% over delivery tolerance. Hope this helps...

Regards,

Prasobh

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

I think you need to go with strategy 30 it is best suit to your requirement.

The Purpose of Planning strategy 30 is, to Produce for major customers based on the sale order lot size.

However u can plan addtional warehouse requirements using the demand management by creating PIR.

Since Becuse requirement type for indep requirements (LSF) defined for Strategy 30 at SPRO.

Please refer this thread also,

https://forums.sdn.sap.com/click.jspa?searchID=17359498&messageID=5855671

Regards,

R.Brahmankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think you should try out strategy 40.