cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CHARM - How to make description of change field mandatory

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

When the change request is in status: "In process" (new change request), I would like to set the description of change field as mandatory.

I'm able to do it with the Define Text Determination Procedure obligatory field in SPRO (t-code SAPLCOM_TEXT_CD) but I'm facing another problem that way.

After the requester creates the change request, set the action to "Ready for approval" and save, the "description of change" field become empty and the text is now copied under the Change-Request Log* field. So when the change manager opens the change request, he has to enter another desc. of change wich is a non-sense.

What do you suggest me?

Thanks,

François

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member385033
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi François,

this is the normal behavior. If you enter some text into "Description of Change" filed, or any other field, the content is copied to the non-changeable log, and there it is marked as "Description of Change". The content of the field is then cleared.

You can change this behavior in SPRO (IMG activity CRMC_TEXT_001):

-> Solution Manager -> Configuration -> Scenario-Specific Settings

-> Change Management -> Change Request Management -> Extende Configuration -> Change Transaction

-> Transaction Types -> Text Administration -> Define Text Determination Procedure

Mark CRMD_ORDERH in Text Objects tree.

Double Click Procedure

Mark SDCR0001 - if you want to modify the behavior for change requests (transaction type SDCR)

Double Click "Definition of Procedure" in the left hand side

Check column "Changes": you can choose the behavior:

P is for the current behavior. R is for the general log. This is not changeable.

If you leave it empty, the "Description of Changes" is always changeable.

If you ask me, P is the right choice.

Best Regards,

Holger

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Holger for your detailed explanations, now I better understand the behavior of these fields. I also choosed P for tracability as a tradeoff. I hope it would be possible to do both in a next future.

François

Former Member
0 Kudos

How can i make the "Description of Change" field reportable ?

When i run CRM_DNO_MONITOR, i want to be able to see the Description of Change field for all the selected Change Requests instead of going into each CR and open the CR.

Else, where is the Description of change field stored (in which table), so that i will build a custom report to be able to read the values.

thanks,

sid

Answers (0)