cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Background PGI in Cash Sales

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

In Cash Sales scenario it is recommended that you do post goods issue in the background using a program. Can anyone give me the details of that program and how to execute it.

Thanks,

Girish

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello, friend.

do t-code VL23. if a Z-variant has been created, try to use this. if there is none yet, then you will have to create one. the steps are:

1. execute VL23

2. click on 'create variant' either through menu or the icon

3. a dialog box will appear; enter the name of the variant and click 'create variant'

4. you will be brought to the 'Maintain Variant' screen; enter values as appropriate

5. after values have been entered, click 'attributes' and specify the options for the presented fields; enter a description for your variant and click on 'save'

6. your variant is now ready for use

a. when you execute VL23 again, select your variant and click either 'start immediately' (if you want to process now) or 'schedule' (for a specified date and time)

b. select the options in the following screen

c. click 'display scheduling' to view the time/date of background processing

regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jonathan,

Thanks for your inputs it helped quite a bit. I have some more questions for you.

1. Are you aware of the steps to do backgroind Billing as well

2. Is there a way to set this background job to run at specific time every day so once this schedule is set the program would run say a 6m everyday

Thanks,

Girish

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello, Girish.

the background processing for billing is more straightforward and simple. use VF06.

i do suggest that since this is a different topic, it is preferable (under rules of engagement) to post a different thread.

nevertheless, i am more than happy that we have been of assistance. thanks!

regards.