cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

batch valuation (split)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi PP gurus,

I have a problem while doing batch valuation for finish material.

Suppose i have production order of 1000 ea.

Now i found 500 ea are of 1% pure& 500ea are 2% pure. and i want keep in different batches with diff valuation ( 100rs for 1% pure batch no 00010 and 200 rs for 2 % pure batch no 00020)

I have done all the customization, but when i confirm the order for 500 ea( partial confirmation) it allows me to do GR of 500ea and keep by any valuation type mentioned above but at the same time it assigns the same valuation type for that production order default. Thats why when i do the confirmation for remaining 500 qty. it does not allow me to do GR by another valuation type.

Please help me

tarachand

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tara,

In case of GR against purchase order SAP help says the following:

In the case of partial deliveries for a purchase order, you can only valuate each partial delivery separately if goods-receipt-based Invoice Verification has been defined in the purchase order (the field GR based IV must be selected on the order item screen). If goods-receipt-based Invoice Verification has not been defined, the valuation type that you enter for the first partial delivery is binding for the following partial deliveries.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_47x200/helpdata/en/47/61017e49f011d1894c0000e829fbbd/frameset.htm

So, one GR is possible with one valuation type in case of purchase order.

I suspect the same might be true in case of PrdOrd as well - if it is right, you have to confirm your PrdOrd in two steps to get two GRs with differently valuetad batches (if it possible at all).

Please also check this link about split valuation:

http://www.sapficoconsultant.com/Bonus/Split%20Valuation%20configuration.pdf

So, maybe it is not purely a techniacal / logistics question, you have to calculate with financial factors too.

(just my opinion, should be confirmed)

Regards,

Csaba

Edited by: Csaba Szommer on Oct 12, 2008 1:11 PM

Edited by: Csaba Szommer on Oct 12, 2008 1:14 PM

Edited by: Csaba Szommer on Oct 12, 2008 1:16 PM

Edited by: Csaba Szommer on Oct 12, 2008 1:16 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

It is possible to do the batch splitting in the transaction MB1A mvt. Type : 261 without doing the component splitting in the production order

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi KK,

I have prob while doing mb31 GR against prod order. If I have production order of 100qty. and i want do two diffrent batches of 50 each with different valuation, when i do GR of 50 qty first with one valuation type the system will assign this valuation type to that production order. Hence for next 50 qty GR sytem does not allow me another valuation type and valuate the it as same valuation as before.

Tara