cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shipment Cost Document : Automatic G/L Account Determination

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I'm currently working on the Shipment Connfiguration. Whenever I try to create the shipment cost document, I have to manually enter the G/L account upon which I tick on transfer field which then creates the service PO.

Could anyone tell the steps for automaic G/L account determination in the Shipment Cost Document.

Regards

Rasheed

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you want to get G/L account and Cost center automatically during shipment cost creation you mentain account assignment category as "K" in the purchase order and then you maintain G/L account and Cost center at item level under "Account assignment" tab,so that you get account determination automatically during shipmet cost creation.

Please make a note "Account assignment " tab is only visible if you select account assignment category as "K" in the PO.

Please revert if you need further clarifications.

Regards,

Chandra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chandra,

Based on your reply, I should maintain the account assignment for the Shipment Cost type Item Category as 'K' for cost center.

But I get the account assignment 'green' arrow with sale order assignment also.

Could you please explain the purpose of the item category assignment to sale order or cost center.

Regards

Rasheed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are you looking this particular field in the purchase order line item level?make sure that filed is called "Account assignment".

As you sid if you maintain "sales order" you will get G/L account and sales order there at item level under acct assignmnet tab.

Note:Once the shipment cost generated then G/L acct and Cost center will update,you can check this by taking any old shipment cost numbers which are successfully transferred to accounting.

Please get back to me if you need further help.

Regards,

Chandra

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Rasheed

Menu path:

IMG - Logistics execution - Transportation - Shipment Costs - Settlement - Automatic G/L A/C determination

Goto Account Assignment tab - select 'WRX' GR/IR Clearing Acct. - Enter the Chart of Acct. - Select Valuation Class for Services - Assign G/L Acct ' GR/IR Clearing External Procurement Acct.'

Also check in IMG - Logistics execution - Transportation - Shipment Costs - Shipment Cost Doc - Shipment Cost Types & Item Categ. - whether the Valuation Class is assigned to relevant item categories.

Hope this helps u.

Edited by: K.sachin on Oct 13, 2008 11:29 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

I tried that but doesnt work. could you please tell the item category settings for transportation costs. I have set the account assignment to sales order.

Regards

Rasheed