Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OCTROI POSTING DURING STOCK TRANSPORT ORDER

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have the following scenario.

Octroi has to be paid during goods transfer from one plant to other. I'll be having an octroi agent who'll be paying the octroi for on my behalf. and the actroi agent will get this amount reimbursed once in a month.

We dont want to load this component to inventory. Ideally we look for a posting like the following during STO delivery.

Cost =100

Octroi=10

accounting entry during goods transfer:

Debit receiving plant - 100

Credit issuing plant - 100

debit octroi Expense -10

credit octroi payable -10

Accounting Entry during Octroi agent payment:

Debit octroi Payable -10

Credit Octroi agent - 10

Is this entry possible in SAP.

If not is there any logical reason why it is not possible.

If possible how?

Regards,

Prasad.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pankaj,

Thanks for your reply.

As per your reply you are asking to load the octroi cost to the receiving plants inventory. But we dont want to do that.

The reason being, the vendor who is supplying me this goods will reimburse the octroi, paid during the Stock transfer. So we dont want to load this cost to the inventory. And that is the reason i was asking for an entry as shown below.

Accounting entry during goods transfer:

debit octroi Expense -10

Is this entry possible during STO.

Regards,

Shakthi.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pankaj,

Thanks for your reply.

As per your reply you are asking to load the octroi cost to the receiving plants inventory. But we dont want to do that.

The reason being, the vendor who is supplying me this goods will reimburse the octroi, paid during the Stock transfer. So we dont want to load this cost to the inventory. And that is the reason i was asking for an entry as shown below.

Accounting entry during goods transfer:

debit octroi Expense -10

Is this entry possible during STO.

Regards,

Shakthi.

pankaj_singh9
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Pricing configuration for STO: -

In SPRO > MM > Purchasing > Conditions > Define Price Determination Process > Define Schema Determination > Determine Schema for Stock Transport Orders > Here assign Calculation Schema "RM2000" i.e. Stock Transfer Document to Schema Grp Pur. Org, STO Type (For e.g. UB) and Supplying Plant.

Calculation Schema "RM2000" has condition type P101 which will pick up the MAP of supplying plant automatically during creation of STO in ME21N ("Conditions" Tab).

You can create new freight / delivery cost conditions for Octroi Charges in M/06 and assign in pricing procedure "RM2000" in M/08 and also assign the Accrual Key to this and do the Account Determination for this Accrual Key in OBYC

At the time of PGI, following accounting entry will get generated;

Stock A/c - Dr - 110 INR (Receiving Plant)

Stock A/c - Cr - 100 INR (Supplying Plant)

Octroi Clearing A/c - Cr - 10 INR (Supplying Plant)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We also have the same kind of issue. Experts please throw some light.

Regards,

Shakthi.