cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File-File with same name

Former Member
0 Kudos

I had a requriment where I need to move files from one directory to another.There is no tranformation in data.So I haven't created any IR objects.But I want the target file with the same name as source file.I can't use any udf as I haven't implemented any mapping.Plz suggest how can I acheive this.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi nagarjuna,

u need to create interfaces in IR with same names as u might have given in creating collabaration agreements,and receiver and interface determinations.

only dummy interfaces will suffice.

regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anirudh,

I am getting the following error in receiver channel.

Message processing failed. Cause: com.sap.aii.af.ra.ms.api.RecoverableException: The Adapter Message Property 'FileName' was configured as mandatory element, but there is no 'DynamicConfiguration' element in the XI Message header: com.sap.aii.adapter.file.configuration.DynamicConfigurationException: The Adapter Message Property 'FileName' was configured as mandatory element, but there is no 'DynamicConfiguration' element in the XI Message header.

Plz suggest how to proceed with ur method.

Iam using NFS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you selected ASMA in Receiver comm channel also?

Also specify some value in File name in this adapter, although at run time it won't be used.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

As of my understanding you have to do message mapping to get the same file name and then follow the blog mentioned by Udo in his reply.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sarvesh,

I have tried here and it works as expected on PI7.0 SP13.

I didn't even login to IR and was able to do end to end scenario.

Just select ASMA for both sender and receiver adaper and specify arbitrary interface name and namespace.

Regards,

Anirudh.

Edited by: Anirudh Vyas on Oct 11, 2008 4:31 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

Check in SXMB_MONI are you getting any value in Dynamic configuration.

Using ASMA you should be able to pass file to receiver without using mappings. Which SP version you are on XI.

Thanks

Gaurav

Former Member
0 Kudos

As I alredy mentioned, I haven't used any mapping.So I cannot use UDF.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You select Adapter Specific Message Attributes (ASMA) in the communication channel not in any mapping!

Check below pic.

Make sure not to select Directory

[https://weblogs.sdn.sap.com/weblogs/images/251849116/3.JPG|https://weblogs.sdn.sap.com/weblogs/images/251849116/3.JPG]

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I already refered the blog mentioned.The problem I am facing is I want the same filename for target file as the source file.How can I acheive this?

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Michal described the solution in his blog: [XI: The same filename from a sender to a receiver file adapter - SP14|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/2664] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken];

Regards,

Udo

Former Member
0 Kudos

For both sender and receiver adapter, in advanced tab, select Adapter Specific Message Attribute in both Sender and Receiver and then select File Name.

regards,

Anirudh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This blog is just for you.

[|]

Just make sure that you specify File Construction mode as Create.

What ever you specify in File name in Receiver adapter won't matter, your directory should be different than sender.

Regards,

Anirudh.