cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Split valuation Mass Update in Production

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

We have activated split valuation as valuation category u201CCu201D and valuation Type u201CC1u201D u201CC2u201D & u201CC3u201D. Now we need to upload this valuation category & valuation type for the existing material in Production. What is correct procedure to do mass updates for the existing material in Production.

Please advise me.

Thanks & Regards

RS

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

I would prefer LSMW:

http://www.sap123.com/showthread.php?t=55

But if you adhere to MM17, please check this link:

http://www.sapfans.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=267018

Regards,

Csaba

Edited by: Csaba Szommer on Oct 11, 2008 10:11 AM

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I suspect it won't be an easy job to do...

You have to eliminate several problems:

- make the stock level to zero in current and previous period (MB1A + 201 + posting date in the past (practically the last day of previous period); then reset the stock level by MB1A + 202); if goods movement have taken place in the current period, you have to cancel them

- delete all transactional data (PrdOrd, PldOrd, TR , TO, PCN, PO, PurReeq, etc)

- archive batch master records

- etc

In case of one material you can bump into several problem, much more in case of mass change...

I wpould suggest that you should try to change some goods one-by-one, to get insight what problemes may occur.

If you can categorize your goods and make necessary preparation well, you have chance to achieve your goal.

Please search for threads of split valuation change on the forum.

Regards,

Csaba

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Csaba,

Thanks for your reply, I know that i have to make stock Zero for the materials and also close all orders pertaining to that materials. In MM17, how to do the Mass changes for all SPARE PART materials (Production).

Appreciate your help.