cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asset Retirement

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends

I had A daubt regarding asset Retirement in f-92, Whn ever i am testing it by giving the gl credit entry it is giving th error posting is possible via rev account but i had maintained the revenue account only , i tried by changing the field control in the rev account also but its giving the error of posting key can any tell me the reason behind it

thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prasanna,

Can you please give error message and description of that error?

Regards,

Satish Muvva.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sathish

thanks for the response. the following are the 2 errors when i am trying to post asset sale in f-92.

where as the 1 st one is whn i posted the trans by giving the FSG of Sale accoun as g029

and the second one where i had changed the FSG TO G052.

plz make a vision

1.Posting retirement only possible via revenue account

Message no. AA354

Diagnosis

You have tried to post to an asset by entering a credit posting key and a retirement transaction type in the footer. However, it is not possible to post retirements in this way.

2.Rules for posting key 50 and acct 3520500 set incorrectly for "XAABG" field

Message no. F5272

Diagnosis

One of the rules specifies that the field demands a required entry, the other rule says that the field is to be suppressed.

Procedure

Correct one of the two rules for the field selection.

You find the field status group in the G/L account master record:

Execute function

You can find the rules for the field status group in the Financial Accounting Implementation Guide in the activity Maintain field status variants.

You can find the posting key in the Financial Accounting Implementation Guide in the activity

Define posting key.

Thanks&regards

prasanna