cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disable Delete in MIR4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I have a requirement from my Team to deactivate delete option from MIR4 Transaction

I have created Transaction Variant for MIR4 and disabled the delete Option from Menu.

At the same time, I created Group Name for assigning the Users to this Group. And asigned some Users to activate the variant to those users only.

Now it is working fine in my Development system.

I moved it to QAS. In QAS there are so many roles having MIR4 transaction. Now I don't want to disturb(Add / Delete transactions) those roles,But want to assign some Users to the Group from SHD0, so that only those users can get the Trasanction Variant.

But when I am trying to assign the users to the group, it is saying that you are not authorized to MIR4 transaction.

Quest: Is there any other way to assign this Transaction Variant without creating new Z-Transaction and at the same time I don't want to assign MIR4 transaction to my User??

Your help really appreciable.

Thanks in Advance

Siva.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Perhaps you should reconsider your approach, as you appear to have changed the MIR4 transaction for one purpose but it is being used for others as well...

Suggestion: Try a Variant Transaction instead, and then you can control who has access to this (new) tcode for this new purpose. Of course if the user has access to MIR4 then they can still "see" the delete button.

Perhaps a better option is to find out exactly which authorization controls the use of the delete button, and restrict access to that => the various users all still have access to MIR4, but have a different experience when using it?

Cheers,

Julius