cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PP Question

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good Morning ..................

1. We make compounds for Plant A in Plant B.

2. Plant A raises subcontracting POs on vendor (Plant B) not on the Plant B directly.

3. Plant B manufactures compounds and sends them back to Plant A

4. Plant A records receipt of the compounds

In this process, if PP is running at both plants (A & B), since we have Make To Stock scenario configured, can a subcontracting PO be raised directly on Plant B and receipt of RM be recorded by Plant B in their own warehouse? Subsequently, can Plant B issue the compounds for Plant A thru SAP and if so how?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

i am closing this thread

Thnks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Create plant B as vendor. For the compounds in material master maintain proceurement key F & SPK as 30. System on MRP run will create subcontract PR. Convert this PR to PO, enter plant B in vendor. Raw material to be maintained in plant A. Send RM against the PO with MB1B-541 movement. If u dont want to send RM then in the bom for compound in plant A, select the RM and goto status tab. There u will find an option Material provided by vendor. select that option. So that system will not create any PR for raw materials.

After manufacturing plant B will send compounds to plant A which will be recieved by MIGO-101 against the PO.

U also can use sap stock transfer process to map above scene.

Former Member
0 Kudos

dear BNR

i did what you explain but

let me explain first.....

1> create rm material A

2> create FIn Material B

3> create po for fin material ( Subcontracting)

4> maintain material provision idicator for bom component i.e.

material "A", material provide by vendor.

5> but when i do migo for PO after mb1b as you say system asks me to " Special stock O DA0001 "A" of this material does not exist.

please explain

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

This I will explore and tell u.

But u can use stock transfer process effectively as below:

Let us say B is FG and A is RM. and Plants are 1000 and 2000(2000 is vendor plant). U have to extend B in 2000 plant and create A only in that 2000 and not in 1000. Create BOM for B in plant 2000.

In B maintain SPK as 40, MRP type ND in 1000. Create reqmt for B in 1000 and run MRP in both 1000 and 2000. System will create a stock transfer PR for B in 2000.

Convert this PR to PO.

MRP run will create plan order for B in 2000. Convert that to prod order. Do GI of A against the prod order and do GR for B. Now stock of B is there in 2000. Do stock transfer for B against B in 2000 via MB1B-351. The stock can be seen in stock transfer process.

Do GR for B in 1000 against the PO via MIGO-101.

Former Member
0 Kudos

dear sir,

unfortunately in our plant we are not using MRP task.

then how will it work ?