cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Planning Strategy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can anybody give me example,i.e. what is Net requirement planning,Gross requirement planning & single item planning.Simply tell differance also.Please help.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Net Requirement Planning :

Net Requirement Planning is carried out by Strategy group 10 which is Make-to-stock planning in which Storage Location Stock is considered while planning for Planned Independent Requirements / Demand. In this planning Sales Order is not considered for planning and SO despatch is controlled by Warehouse Stock i.e. you can't differentiate SO stock here.Here PIR is reduced at the time of GI.

Gross Requirements Planning :

Gross requirement planning is carried out by strategy group 11 which is also purely Make-to-stock Planning but it is different from above in two ways:

here while planning PIR , storage location stock is not considered for planning.i.e. irresepective of whatever stock is available in stores planning and production is to be carried out. This strategy is used specially in case of Cement Industries where they need to continue production irrespective of available stock.

Executing Single-Item Planning

For single-item planning, proceed as follows:

1.In the initial screen for planning specify the indicator for lead time scheduling and capacity planning in the field Scheduling.

2.Select the field Display result.

3.Press ENTER , and check the input parameters.

4.Press ENTER .

5.You reach the results screen of single-item planning.

Starting from the results screen you can carry out capacity planning with capacity leveling.

Executing Interactive Single-item Planning

For interactive single-item planning proceed as follows:

1.In the initial screen for planning specify the indicator for lead time scheduling and capacity planning in the field Scheduling.

2.Press ENTER and check the input parameters.

3.Press ENTER .

4.You reach the initial screen for interactive single-item planning.

Carry out planning. Choose Planning ® Execute planning run.

Starting from the results screen you can carry out capacity planning with capacity leveling.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Tejas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Net req planning 10:

1. System will not consider sales order

2. PIR consider the stock

3. PIR reduce at goods issue to delivery

Ex: customer packaged goods industry.

Gross req planning 11: