cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JDBC Sender Adapter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

In my scenario, I want to do JDBC to RFC and I understand that for the JDBC adapter XI uses db.pollinterval to get data from selected database. However, the process that i'm going to do require very fast time after data is input in to database to be retrieved by XI and pass to RFC. Therefore, I have a few questions to ask the expert.

1. If I set db.poolinterval to be very short such as 1 second, would it consumes many resources of SAP XI and is it possible to do? Any Concern on this ?

2. Is there any other possible way to make XI be notified that new data has been inputted into Database (without setting db.poolinterval) then XI automatically connect to database to get data because I dont' want XI to connect to database almost all the time?

Any help would be grateful and rewarded

Regards

Pavin P..

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

1)if your frequency is this much high you make size of your server accordingly then there is no problem of polling of 1 second.

2) no other way then you make your CC as automatic so as and when polling started and data arrived CC get activated and transfer the data

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I mean response time between the time that data is inserted into database and time for adapter to pool the data. From many answers, i think i'll try to set poolinterval to be minimum and see the load on the system. Thank you very much for all the answer. Point is given.

Former Member
0 Kudos

In my scenario, the frequency is not very high but it requires fast response from RFC after data is inserted into DB. That's why I want to set time interval to 1 second. My DB server is ms sql 2005. Any other suggestion? Thank you in advance.

VijayKonam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Is the fast response you are talking about is from the point you make the data available or from the point the Adapter polls the data?

Connecting to database in short period of time is not a problem if you uncheck the box - Disconnect From database every time in the adapter.

VJ

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pavin,

you could write a stored procedure, which sends a http request in case of table changes. Depends on Database and your know how.

Regards,

Udo

former_member183906
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1) U can schedule to 1 minute. Generally,server and network performance comes into picture then.

U can use adapter availability settings- means for needed time like working hours let this CC active.

2) XI can not know when ur database was updated.So,XI has to regularly poll data. NO AUTAMATION is possible in it.