cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Syndicator maps export/import functionality

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Colleagues,

I'm trying to use MDM syndicator Export Map / Import Map functionality to copy some maps from 1 repository to another.

However after I import the map in the target repository, not all of the fields mapped are there, many fields mappings are lost and I have to go and manually re map them.

I recall of this issue in previous support packs.

We are using 5.5.63.60

Any hints?

Thank you in advance!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

michael_theis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jorge,

unfortunately that is a common behaviour of MDM 5.5 and there's nothing much you can do about it but to rebuild the map manually. MDM 5.5 uses internal field IDs to store the mapping of the repository structure to the target message structure. If you have a setup like dev -> test -> prod repositories, you usually have more changes in the dev repository (field adds, deletions, and so on) compared to the prod repository. This means that your dev repository has different internal IDs for the same fields in the prod repository. The consequence is that the map looks for fields in the prod repository that "do not exist" - although they do exist, of course, but have different IDs. That's why the fields are not mapped.

The good new is that this has changed in MDM 7.1. But in 5.5 you have to remap the fields.

BR Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, Thank you. Better switch to archive/unarchive for now.

Answers (0)