Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DC has been completely deleted from DTR but still shown under inactive DCs

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have created a DC and cjecked it in.

I then wanted to delete it so I removed the DC from the client, created a client in the DTR, completely deleted the DC from the active and inactive workspaces and checked in the delete activity.

The problem is that although te DC has been completely deleted from DTR and I don't see it there anymore, I can still see it in NWDS in the development configuration perspective under inactive DCs.

I have tried to refresh/update the configuration, close and open NWDS but it is still there.

Any idea why is it still there and how to remove it from there?

Roy

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

snehal_kendre
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Roy,

If you are sure that you have deleted that DC.

and you have confirmed it in DTR

http://host:port/dtr/ws/workspace_name/dev/inactive

then remove your development configuration completely from your NWDS..and re-import it.

but before that confirm above condition

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Snehal,

Yes it hasbeen removed completley.

Actually I thought about doing that and that it might resolve the problem, the thing is that I have open activities that I am not yet ready to close and I'm afraid that once I'll do that I will lose something. I have made sure that I uploaded everything to the DTR but still...

Rgds,

Roy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Never mind I just did it, completely removed the configuration and imported it again, still see this DC in the inactive tab of the configuration...

Former Member
0 Kudos

By the way, if this is of any help I also see this DC in the active tab so perhaps it needs to be deleted from the CBS and not the DTR although I can't see it there in the Development Components section...

Edited by: Roy Cohen on Oct 13, 2008 11:20 AM

snehal_kendre
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

No,

We import configuration from DTR, CBS has no role in it.

Actually when you import any configuration, the DCs are shown according to the .dcref files available in DTR under

inactive->SCs->TopLeveDCs.

When you check in and activate delete activity at that time this entry also should be deleted,

What we see in our NWDS is according to the clients.xml in .dtr folder and TopLevelDCs available in the SCs folder of respective development in the .dtc folder

I can not say what is your problem but

please check these things. it may be help you

Try it on other PC if possible

Former Member
0 Kudos

clients.xml will show the DCs that are synched to your pc, this one is not therefore will not be there. I just don't understand how a DC that doesn't appear on the DTR, doesn't appear on the list of DCs on the CBS still appears on the configuration on NWDS and it's not just my pc...

Roy

Former Member
0 Kudos

I found where to delete it in the SLD, in the name reservation service. I have updated the CMS track, refreshed the configuration but still see this DC. Strange...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Finally, found the solution:

In the DTR Repository Browser Perspective need to open the branch

/dev/inactive/SCs/<vendor>/<SC>/_comp/TopLevelDCs.

Find the ".dcref" file that belongs to the DC, delete it, Check in the activity, activate and release it.

Refresh your configuration and it's gone!

Roy

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

In NWDS in the development configuration perspective under inactive DCs.clect your track.

now right click on your DC and delete.

if you have delected activity then it will allowe you to delete that DC.

And more if you right click on another DC which u have not created it wont allow you to delet instade of that it will give you option of sync.

if answer is helpfull please rewad points,

regards

jayesh talreja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jayesh,

There is no option to delete a DC in the development configuration perspective. This configuration comes from the server therefore I assume it needs to be deleted there (SLD perhaps). Again, like I said, I have removed this DC from myself as a client, so the problem is not deleting it from my NWDS projects but from the DCs in the development configuration perspective.

Roy

Former Member
0 Kudos

ya that is true.

if you have created new DC and attached to some activity.and if u delete that activity then it will allowe you to delete DC project.

but if you are using already created DC project then it wont allow you to delete that.

because you are not allow to delete what present is central server.

but whatever you had made changes in local system(in nwdi)

that will go away.

whatever code was present in central will be present in local.

now hope everything is clear to you

jayesh talreja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Actually it is not, there must be an option to delete it from the development configuration if I am able to delete it from the DTR.

There are no uncheck activities for that DC and when I open it is empty, so it's just that DC metadata that needs to be removed from the server somehow. Again, in NW 6 I was able to delete it from the SC in the DTR but I can't see this option in NW 7.

Roy

Former Member
0 Kudos

just want to ask you one thing.

have you created DC component.

or are you using DC component which was created before(whch was already present in your track just you are modifying).

and one more thing

clcik on your track in inactive DC's then see in open activity view

hope u had deleted from there.

jayesh talreja

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have created new DC, not modified an existing one.

There are no open activities for that DC, I have checke in the delete activity already.

Again, it's the metadata that needs to be deleted from the server.

Former Member
0 Kudos

sorry i dont have any clue for that

Former Member
0 Kudos

Roy,

try to update the configuration of the track in NWDS

Thanks

Bala Duvvuri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bala,

Please read my post again: "I have tried to refresh/update the configuration, close and open NWDS but it is still there."

On NW 6 you had to delete the DC from the SLD as well but I don't see this option on the SLD at NW 7.

Rgds,

Roy