cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IP Query not ready for input with several analysis authorizations

Former Member
0 Kudos

We use the new security concept in BI, and we have implemented a schema which is based on simple analysis authorizations

Most of these authorizations are on a navigational attribute (ZPLANT__ZZONACOM)

Examples:

1) Analysis Authorization ZAPLANTZC110

0TCAACTVT = 02, 03

ZPLANT__ZZONACOM = 0110

2) Analysis Authorization ZAPLANTZC150

0TCAACTVT = 02, 03

ZPLANT__ZZONACOM = 0150

We have several input ready queries which include the authorization variable for the attribute ZPLANT__ZZONACOM

Case 1:

If we assign one analysis authorization (ZAPLANTZC110) to a end user, the query appears ready for input. So this case is working well

Case 2:

If we assign more than one analysis authorization (ZAPLANTZC110 and ZAPLANTZC150) to a end user, the query is not ready for input. So this is the case we are having problems.

It seems, the system can't handle several authorizations, based on navigational attributes

We also tried to put both values in the same authorization analysis, but the problem remains

Anyway, the authorization to the data in any case, is working well. The main problem is the query does not appear ready for input

The support package we have currently is:

SAP_BW SAPKW70018 SAP NetWeaver BI 7.0

Any suggestion will be useful

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gustavo,

My issue was solved as I said.

Just put the navigational attributes in the lines, with the representation as "No display"

In the case you comment, make sure each record in the input ready query is unique. Otherwise the cells will not appear enable to input.

If you have different authorized values (111 and 222), it is possible the records are not unique. So you will have to drill down all the characteristics involved in the authorization to get the cells enabled.

Beside, you will have to assign the '02' value in all the authorizations for characteristic Activity.

Rgds

Cesar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Cesar,

what do you mean with "authorizations for characteristic" Activity? please send the technical of the object you mean.

best regards + many thanks

Gustavo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gustavo,

The technical name of the Activity Characteristic is the same as you indicated: 0TCAACTVT

And the values you should assign are: 02, 03, 16 (update)

In order to enable the input data

Rgds

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Cesar,

many thanks for your quick answers!!!

It works when I assign the activity 02 to both authorizations but that's what we don't want, otherwise users will have authorization to enter values for RIC_AUTHO = 222

Do you have any other suggestions?

Many tanks and best regards

Gustavo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gustavo,

We have the same requirements and the same problem.

Did you find the solution?

Thnks,

Rinat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Cesar,

I have a similar problem with to two different authorizations and I hope you solve your problem and able to help me with following issue:

Examples:

1) Analysis Authorization ZCORE_01

0TCAACTVT = 02, 03, 16 (update)

/MRG/VTGNR__/MRG/RIC_AUTHO = 111

2) Analysis Authorization ZCORE_02

0TCAACTVT = 03,16 (display)

/MRG/VTGNR__/MRG/RIC_AUTHO= 222

I have a input ready query which include the authorization variable for the attribute /MRG/VTGNR__/MRG/RIC_AUTHO

Case 1:

If I assign one analysis authorization (ZCORE_01) to a end user, the query appears ready for input. So this case is working well

Case 2:

If I assign more than one analysis authorization (ZCORE_01 and ZCORE_02) to a end user, the query is not ready for input. So this is the case we are having problems.

The main problem is the query does not appear ready for input.

Is it possible to get the output with couple of fields ready for input (because of ZCORE_01) and other ones just in display modus (because of ZCORE_02)?

Many thanks

Gustavo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Due to the analysis authorizations are based on navigational attributes, then it was necessary to drill down those InfoObjects

ZPLANT__ZZONACOM

ZPLANT__ZREGION

However, it was not necessary to show them in the query layout, so both them appear in the rows, but display as "No Display"

Regards