cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QM and Inspection Lot

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

I am doing a QM setting. I need to create a few characteristics to test when an Inspection lot is created after a GR, I need to make a Usage decision (UD).

I am able to maintain QM views and make GR which is giving me inspection-lot no. I am perfect till there.

But I would want to see the inspection characteristics for that inspection lot and record values for the characteristic and be able to make a UD.

Can someone tell me what I am missing in master data maintenanc.

Regards

SS

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gobinathan and Merwyn,

Yes I created the inspection lot earlier and tried to assign the inspection plan. But going by Merwynu2019s suggestions QAC3 is not allowing me to go further it gives me an error message:

Stat Text

CRTD Created

PREQ Plan/specific. required

CHCR Characterist. must be created

SPRQ Quantity posting required

I donu2019t think I created a task list. I am not good at QM.

What I want to do it to get some inspection character to usage decision and when I accept in Usage decision I want to stock to move from QI to unrestricted.

A step by step help in this regard is really appreciated. A link of document can also help me.

Regards

SS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sankar,

So for this you have to first create the Inspection plan for the material & plant combination through QP01.

In QP01 enter material & plant then in header screen enter usage as 5 & status 4.

Then click on operation button ,here put control key QM01 & put some text in description & click on inspection characteristics button.

In Inspection characteristics select any Master inspection characteristics as required by you & save the transaction.

Now go to the inspection lot change mode & change the key date as today & click task/spec tab & on sample tab smpl button.

Once plan get assigned do UD through QA11.

Cheers,

Tushar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I suppose you have created the inspection lot and later you have created the inspection plan. Hence you are not been able to enter the result and do the UD,

In this case you need to re-set the inspection lot using QAC3 and then go to QA02 and assign the quality plan to the inspection lot and save.

Then you will be able to enter the results and post the UD.

Regards

Merwyn

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Tushar,

The key date on specification tab is the current date & I click on the task list/spec button. The problem Still Persits. What else can be the problem?

Regards,

SS

0 Kudos

Hi Greetings

Please provide the following information.

1) The task list for the material has been created with usage 5

2) The task list status is released (4)

And also please let us know whether the material is maintained with any revision level.

Gobinathan G

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Shymala,

Thanks a lot for a such a detailed response. I really Apprecuate the same. But I still have a problem. When I try to attach the insopection task to the inspection plan. I Get the response " No Inspection plan could be found". CAn you please help me further.

Regards

SS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shankar,

This message if you are getting while assigning the inspection plan to inspection lot,then please change the key date on specification tab to the current date & then click on the task list/spec button,your problem will get solve.

Cheers,

Tushar

Edited by: TUSHAR AGARWAL on Oct 14, 2008 9:06 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shankar,

You are missing Inspection plan. To created inspection plan follow the steps,

- Run trx QP01. Enter Material & Plant.

- Enter the Header Details, (Note: in the header details there is a filed "Inspection Points" if you are not going with the typical sampling calculations then simply enter "FREE Inspection Point")

- Then In the "Operation Overview screen", assign the QM Work Center, name the operation logically.

- Select the Operation line item and click on the Characteristic Overview screen. Here you need to assign all the desired characteristic you wish to record result for.

- Save

Now

- Run trx QA02, enter the Inspection lot number.

- In the Inspection specification screen, Assign the Task list (Inspection plan, we just have created).

- Save

- The status of the Lot must become "REL", if the lot status will not be REL, it wont allow to perform RR or UD

- Then perform RR (Trx QE51n, QA32 etc) and UD trx QA11

Regards,

Shyamal