cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replenishment TR will not generate TO due to max Qty Exceeded

Former Member
0 Kudos

We allow negative stocks in our fixed bins. A TR was created for a replenishment for the bin maximum plus the amount of the negative stock. As a result, the TO will not create due to error message "Maximum quantity for storage bin will be execeeded by NN each.

Stock situation:

Fixed bin avail stock -14

Fixed bin total stock 0

Fixed bin open TO 14 - (which will not be able to be fulfilled w/out a replenishment)

Max allowed in bin 90

Min 40

TR is created and remains open for 109 (this TR was created the previous day when we had negative stock of -19).

I don't know why the TO would not create partially the quantity from the TR as we allow this during the TO create job.

Again, thank you,

Sandy

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I marked as answered in error.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you. Today, I logged this with SAP Support. They will be logging into our system to investigate. I will provide an update once I have one, in case it's useful to others.

Regards,

Sandy

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sandy,

I think you were removing 14 pcs from your fixed bin, and confirmation still hadn't taken place.

I did the same in my system and executing report RLAUTA10 I got error message L3369. When I was trying to do it manually, processing the TR from LB10 I received the same error message you got.

1. The problem is that until the stock removal isn't confirmed SAP doesn't consider the stock removal, total stock level is same as before the creation of the TO

2. The indicator in RLAUTA10 report you are speaking about is not to allow partial processing of TR, it is to allow the processing of partial TR.

...whether transfer orders can be created for partially processed transfer requirements.

(F1 help for the field)

3. Under certain circumtainces it is possible to get partial TO in such situation: if in the first bin, from which SAP wants to remove the stock and put into fix bin, is less stock than the difference between maximum stock level and total stock - of course this is just a remark and is worth of nothing concerning business process.

Despite these things I think your claim is justful and natural since this behaviour of SAP can cause problems (in business processes). If you cannot find out anything / won't receive any better reply, maybe you should contact SAP to discuss this thing.

(

Please read what SAP help says:

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_03/helpdata/EN/fd/90fbf4b3cd11d3b2ad0050045571f7/frameset.htm

(I think of two-step confirmation here)

Please also check this thread about immediate TO creation during replenishment:

http://www.sapfans.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=319344

)

Regards.

Csaba

Edited by: Csaba Szommer on Oct 11, 2008 8:05 PM